Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost Here...

Joni
Sign in to follow this  

You'll never believe what I did today! I finished cat sitting at my sister's and was travelling home. I saw the golden arches and started thinking about a cheeseburger, fries, and diet coke. I tried to not pull in, but my car just went....uh huh. I ordered it. I think part of me just wanted to say it to see if I still could. I pulled over, took the bun off and took a bite. Then I tried a bite of fry. Then I tried a tiny sip of coke which seemed like MAJOR bubbles in it. It all went down okay. So I did it again. The meat went down. The fry was a turn off, so I spit it out. And the second sip of pop scared me cuz I was thinking about all that air. I threw the rest out. I'm not sorry, I'm glad. It cured me of wanting it anymore. I didn't get sick - thank goodness. So much for my pureed/soft diet huh? I came home and told my husband who said he had done the same thing after his sleeve! I never knew, so we had a laugh. What I do really want though is to one day be able to have a diet pepsi again.....

Joni, you have no idea how bad I want a diet coke! Oh the things I would do for one! Its misery!

Oh Kellie I know! One weird thing though, I love it most when I'm eating something - which is a big no-no for us. Doing the preop diet, the first couple days I was shocked that I wasn't missing my pepsi, but then realized, I wasn't eating anything and that was why! Did you just drink it by itself or mostly with food?

I am very lucky not to have to deal with soft drink addiction. I haven't had one in years.

I'm getting the Protein in, but for some reason I am having trouble with the fluids. I used to love ice Water, but now not so much. Protein Drinks are out of the question. Any suggestions?. Also, I can't get my ticker to update. Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm getting the Protein in, but for some reason I am having trouble with the fluids. I used to love ice Water, but now not so much. Protein drinks are out of the question. Any suggestions?. Also, I can't get my ticker to update. Is anyone else having this problem?

You can now create your own tickers right here on VST. Check out this link.

Oh me too notime. Seems like I keep trying but I don't get close. I've been trying all kind of flavor packets to add to bottled Water, and can't find any I really like. Just doing the best I can. I think I'm going to try making my own Decaf ice tea with splenda and lemon and see if that works.

Thanks for the help. I like the Decaf idea, iced tea was always one of my favorites before.

Hi everyone! Well I go thru another 3 day 12-hour work stretch...Sooo tired, all I did today was sleep! Hubby woke me to have me take my supplements and get some Protein Shake in, now thinking of staying in bed and watching a movie on the laptop.

I got to order Chili's with my coworkers the other night and I had a kids meal of a cheese quesidilla and mashed potatoes thinking it would be a couple meals worth and was pleased to see that it actually lasted 4 meals! It was nice to feel normal and order out with everyone again.

I have been cleared for crackers, low moisture breads (pita,flatbread,grilled tortilla,toast). The tortilla from the quesidilla make me full really fast and I haven't tried any other breads yet, but I did have whole wheat ritz crackers with some chicken salad (2 crackers) and it was wonderful and went down without any problems.

Joni...I have been craving a cheeseburger & fries too and have been contemplating having a kids meal from the golden arches too, but I'm very thankful that they tore ours down to do a complete rebuild so I am in luck for a couple more months :) Thanks for sharing your experience with that! I'm gonna make some homemade cheese filled turkey meatballs and see if that helps with the cheeseburger craving.

Dogmom, I don't know how you can work like that!

I can't believe you can eat all of those breads. I'm going to talk to my nutritionists about why they say not to. It seems to me they have an agenda of telling us the healthiest way to eat, not what our new stomachs will take. I guess that's good, but it is also good to know what you can do when in a situation with no good options.

I agree notime. They tell us what's best, but who lives without bread? I know it's not a good source of Protein and can fill the sleeve fast, but geez. I have had saltines and whole wheat bread, triscuits too; and have had no problem. Of course, it's not much, just 1/4 piece of bread or 1 saltine or triscuit. But it's enough to give some texture to the mush on it. I make sure to chew really well and slow.

I asked my Doctor why bread was bad and he's aid that it will sit in your stomach in a blob and take up space when it could be utilized to consume more Water and Protein. Bread takes a very long time to digest and with the new sleeve at this stage it is very important to avoid the extra carbs because it will also hinder weight loss. He also said that eventually I would be able to eat bread but should never include white fluffy breads because they are not good for me and preferred I eat whole wheat or multi grain breads. Toasting your bread also reduces the carb content. Joni I had seen earlier your dr. Prescribed Actigall. My dr told me to take it after surgery and I started that the next day I came home. It is to prevent gall stones due to the rapid weight loss. I see my dr for my 1 month check on Wednesday. I hope he is not disappointed that I have only lost 20 pounds. I guess I was expecting a little more weight loss within the first month.

My Nut & surgeon also said no white fluffy breads too. They recommend wheat and to toast as well but not due to carb content but to remove more of the moisture. The white fluffy breads would be harder to digest.

They don't feel in the slightest that carbs hinder weight loss since we can only hold about 1/4 slice of bread or 1-2 crackers. I actually got told I "need" to have half of my meal as Protein and half as carbs. I was shocked when she first told me that but my "no energy level" at the time was thankful she said it because now I'm not having that issue.

I remember my surgeon telling me pre-op that nothing is off limits....it's about reteaching ourselves moderation, to eat slowly and listen to our stomach.

I think every surgeon and every Nut has thier own way of doing things....for example, I forgot who said thier surgeon cleared them for soda...that's something I was told by my Nut that you can never have again, but my surgeon says "Never" doesn't exist. Interesting the differences :huh:

The cheese filled turkey meatballs were amazing by the way!

Notime....sometimes I don't know how I pull off those shifts either, but I've been doing really good and thankful to feel like I'm back to normal (as normal as I can be).

Sheila, I can't imagine your surgeon being disappointed with your 20 lb loss......I think that's amazing, you should be proud of yourself!

How is everyone doing on exercise? I am up to 1.5 miles in 45 minutes on the treadmill and I feel like I should be doing more and am curious how you all are doing.

I do about 10 minutes on the elliptical every day and I walk around the blocka few times too. I like to do it early in the day because I feel much better afterwards. I'm so excited today. I went shopping for some clothes yesterday and was able to fit into 16w in pants and a 1x in shirts without sucking in and feeling like I was going to pop. I can still fit into my older clothes but they are very loose (part of me is having a hard time giving them up). I guess it's because I've been that size for so long that I don't know how to dress in smaller clothes. Maybe instead of getting smaller clothes I will get them altered!