Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

I gave completed everything such as: initial consultion, blood work, met with the psychologist, nutritionist, etc. I guess I am just waiting for my stuff to be submitted to the insurance company....

Me too. Waiting. Just did sleep study last night. Not sure of the results but if I don't have sleep apnea my ins. Company will not pay. I'm 37 BMI and no co-morbities. I'm praying it will go thru.

I have not heard anything about a sleep study. I hope this is it. This process can become stressful but I am hoping and praying that It will be over with and worth the wait. I will pray that it will go thru for you. If you dont mind how much do you weigh? I would not be so adament to get this if I didnt have high blood pressure, and type two diebeties. I guess I am really worried about my poor organs. It is a good thing that you dont have those problems tho.

Good Luck!

Hoping and praying for you both - Jewels and Artsy!

I am waiting to hear from my insurance also. I have a surgery date for June 11, 2012. They sent all my paperwork in on 4/13/12 and said it usually takes 1-1 1/2 weeks to hear from my insurance co. I started this process Feb 2012 and I after all my appointments, co pays, lab tests, and other stuff they approve it.

Good luck to all that are also waiting to hear from their insurance!

CONGRATS! Praying that it goes through for you quickly. ;)

Hi All - I've been doing this for 5 months so far! I am envious that you can get this done so quickly. I am scheduled for 5-22 right now - I started this process before Christmas, last year. Whew! The best of luck to you!

I don't mind you asking what I weigh. I weigh 191 and am just under 5 feet. I get the feeling my sleep study may not have been that helpful. The tech didn't need to put the CPap on me--is that a sign for no sleep Apnea?? The psychologist I went to today says she will definitely recommend the surgery. I have a sinking feeling today that the insurance company will deny me. Really the truth is: I'm not overweight, I'm just not tall enough. LOL!!

I don't mind you asking what I weigh. I weigh 191 and am just under 5 feet. I get the feeling my sleep study may not have been that helpful. The tech didn't need to put the CPap on me--is that a sign for no sleep Apnea?? The psychologist I went to today says she will definitely recommend the surgery. I have a sinking feeling today that the insurance company will deny me. Really the truth is: I'm not overweight, I'm just not tall enough. LOL!!

@Artsey, yes that sucks. Im sorry you never know just keep your fingers crossed!

@robin I know you are antsey as well. Dont you just love waiting LOL

Hi! I started this process end of Jan beginning of Feb 2012. My bariactric program has a team approach and you have to get the ok from each person before they will even give you surgery date. I had to get the ok from their physical therapist, nut,. and psych. I have been doing monthly weight loss visits to my primary dr. even though my insurance doesn't require them the bariatric program still does. I went though a boat load of tests too like labs, ekg, chest xray and other stuff and I am sure they will have me do them again closer to my surgery date. I was told it would be 6 months to 2 years to get a surgery date with them. It depends on how well you go through their program and do the changes in lifestyle they want you to do. I had to quit drinking carbonated beverages, no reg coffee only Decaf and then drink 80 oz of liquid a day. I did these so I think it helped get through the program and also have lost 28 pounds too.

Good luck on process. I know it seems like forever...it did to me but now that I have a surgery date it doesn't seem like it was forever and now I am getting kinda nervous that it is really gonna happen!

Hi All - I've been doing this for 5 months so far! I am envious that you can get this done so quickly. I am scheduled for 5-22 right now - I started this process before Christmas, last year. Whew! The best of luck to you!

I am scheduled for May 30th....waiting on insurance approval....i dont have health issues, BMI 41.3. I have UHC Choice Plus. Does anyone got an approval from UHC with BMI 40 plus and not health issues? I am very nervous...cant wait to have the surgery. Wish me luck.

I am scheduled for May 30th....waiting on insurance approval....i dont have health issues, BMI 41.3. I have UHC Choice Plus. Does anyone got an approval from UHC with BMI 40 plus and not health issues? I am very nervous...cant wait to have the surgery. Wish me luck.

Hi all My my insurance approved me today!! Yayyyy I am so excited!

Artsy, it all depends on your insurance as to whether you will be approved or not.

I had a bmi of about 38.5, but no co-morbidities (no sleep apnea, diabetes, high blood pressure etc.).

My insurance would not cover me. :(

So I would be self-pay, so opted to go to Mexico for my surgery. They have really skilled surgeons with lots of years of experience & cheaper than it would have been locally.