Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What we ate today

This might seem like a real stupid thread, I'm not sure. But I have noticed that I always seem to eat the same dozen things over and over. I think it would be interesting for anyone who wants to, to post simply what we ate today. It dosent have to be great detail, but it might arise some new ideas for those of us that can't seem to figure out what to eat. And if it is really cool, we can post the recipe so we can all enjoy it.

So I would start except I had take out tonight for dinner:rolleyes: ...........oh but I did have a toasted cheese and Tomato sandwich for lunch...mmmm(tomatos were fresh from the garden,yum)

I woke up ... or tried to wake up early this morning to go grocery shopping. We were in a hurry, so I thought we'd stop at Tim Hortons for a coffee before we went out. The line was so long, we just left. Went grocery shopping, and when we got home I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich. (you know when you're hungry at the groc. store, and you get all these 'idea's?) Hadn't had one in... probably 5 months at least.

- later on... I had a couple Cookies.

- Supper: I had some chicken wings in the freezer that I'm worried I won't be able to eat later on, so we made them tonight. Thought I could have 10, and Dan would have 10. I ended up eating 5. Mostly because they were tooo hot, and not wanting to drink at the same time as eating, I just couldn't have anymore!

- couple more Cookies :)

I am hungry... but I'm drinking lots of Water. I have a couple cookies left... I feel like just eating them so they're gone. I know I *should* throw them away... and maybe, just maybe... I will.

Errrrr.....why not....

Breakfast: Cereal (TurboZ) with milk (ate this late: around 9:30)

Didn't really have lunch...(out and about and went to a movie)....so had "Slupper" (Lunch and Supper together) around 3:30:

Slupper: shared the fol meal with hubby (we ate out): ceasar salad, chicken and fries (gulp....) (they were seasoned "salt & vinegar" fries: OUT OF THIS WORLD).

That's it. Prob not the best choices (the fries) and I know I didn't eat enough today....but tomorrow's another day!

(Wknds for me are always a little less stringent).....work days are easier!

lunch - sausage and cabbage cooked with garlic and chilis (modified a recipe I found on here)

dinner - chicken salad

I chopped spinach, grated carrots, cooked black Beans, etc for this weeks. My new fav meal is all of the above with tuna and dressing (thousand island, ranch, vinegar/oil)

I have 6 packets of tuna left for my 11 days until I visit the states - can I take 1 or 2 for my 40 hours of flying and airport time - that is one of the worst times for me.

Oops just noticed this is Canada support - is ND close enough?

Don't worry Road Queen, thanks for visiting!! And your recipe sounds great!!

B: coffee with cream

Brunch: 1 C corn flakes with 1/2 C 1% milk and 1 tsp honey

D: small green salad with ranch dressing; 3 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast with mushrooms and some melted cheese; 1 tblsp of mashed potato with 1/2 tsp butter; 1/4 C cooked carrots

4 bottles Water, evening snack - coffee with cream

PS: The ticker is a little smaller lie!

I had a bowl of tinned apricots with a spoonfull of greek yogurt and a sprinkling of meusli for breakie this morning.

Then I had 2 anzac Cookies and a cup of coffee after a very hard 1.5km swim.

Then I had 3 bites of a lamb kebab for lunch, just too filling, I was stuffed. And I had a latte.

Tonight I'm planning on an Optifast shake and a bowl of steamed veges.

I'm on a blitz from now till our holiday in a month's time. I have some clothes for the warmer climate that I must get into.

This is my usual day...

Breakfast - Slim Fast Optima chocolate Royale shake made with milk & ice and chocolate Protein powder added.

lunch - 1 cup cottage cheese and one serving pack of diced peaches

dinner - today it was 1 cup of tater tot hotdish (x-lean hamburger, cream of mush and cream of celery Soup and 6 tater tots) and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese

Then another shake about 10:30 because I'm a night owl and still up.

Hey we have one of these for MD and we post faithfully. Meal planning is a really important component for losing weight.

Monday

B- granola bar, grapes

L- mashed potatoes ( I know this sounds crazy but they were delicious), 1 piece of eckridge sausage

If I get hungry I will have the slimfast.

D- salad, eckridgew/onions/green peppers, mashed potatoes

I have come to the conclusion that I have a very boring dietary life. Keep them coming, great ideas here!!!!!:)

LOL @ Cloe.

Today:

BREAKFAST: chocolate Protein shake with benefibre

Water, Water, Water

SNACK: plain peanuts (1/4 cup) (I know, too many!!)

LUNCH: oatmeal made with milk

Water, Water, Water

SUPPER: (about to have it) whole wheat Pasta (penne) topped with chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, & chicken breast slices that have all been marinated in a baslamic vinegar/lemon juice sauce (& tons of spices) and then served topped with feta cheese. Also, one piece of Naan (Indian) bread slathered with garlic.

MMmmmm mmmmm

Bedtime snack (later): water, water, water

Tuesday:

B: 1.5 C rice crispies, .5 C 1% milk, 1 tsp honey, .25C granola, coffee - 3

L: Cr of mushroom Soup, crab stuffed mushrooms

D: dixie lee chicken - thigh only about 1/3 of the piece; 5 french fries, coleslaw, 1 tiny sliver DQ frozen cake

S: 2 tbsp p.butter

Water, Water, water

I think I totalled just under 1500 cals for the day - the most cals I have eaten in months!!! (but it was my birthday- family all here - organized dinner for me)

jude

PS: The ticker is a lie!