Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wine And Whine Wednesday!

It's that time again where you get to b!tch, gripe or moan about whatever's eating you without fear of judgement or reproach, so let's hear it!

Alright alright, so we may secretly judge you, but we don't even know what reproach means so you're safe there ;-)

Gripe away!

Ok, here's my gripe! I am so upset with myself for testing the sleeve. Yes, I tested it! I thought that since I wasn't eating that much and when I felt a little off, I would eat 3 mini chocolate candies. I did this for a little over 2 weeks and when I went to urgent care for dehydration, I asked if they would test my A1C level for diabetes. Well, they did and my A1c level had increased by .3. This woke me up to the fact that I am still diabetic and will probably always be diabetic! This sucks. So mad at myself. NO MORE SUGAR FOR ME! :angry:

Well, I'm 5 weeks out & haven't lost a damn pound the past two weeks! Actually gained a pound!!! WTH? As we all know the amounts we eat have been DRASTICALLY reduced & I still don't lose!?!? This hurts my heart & upsets me to no end. This was a self pay & a last resort to rid this weight. Not sure what I could possibly be doing wrong. I've read stalls are quite common early on but never seen or read an explanation of why. Anyone know?

I did have good results the first 3 weeks (on full liquid diet). Seems when I moved on to soft foods, then to no restrictions, the loss went to hell.

Anyone else feeling this frustration?

Thanks for listening. :-)

My gripe is "Why can't my husband WAKE the F*** up" He says to me in public when I have 2 Tablespoons of food on my plate...."wow your being a pig tonight" or "making a gluten out of yourself today"...I came home last night and he had fixed dinner (first time in 10 yrs) Deep Fried Battered shrimp a and chicken and Homemade Fries....really...does he think this is "GOOD HEEALTHY" food? or is it just deliberate sabbatage tactics...? I made a banana strawberry greek yogurt smoothie....was wonderful and chose not to indulge in the mounds of saturated oils...Oh but how the food smelled so wonderful.

Oh, I so feel you about the husband gripe. Last night my DH said to me, "wow, I could really go for a big cup." To which I replied, "are you f-ing kidding me?!" he knows that those are my all time favorite. So, I sat in bed and obsessed over a frickin big cup. Who does that? Finally I told him to go to the store. I ate half of one and became so sick. Serves me right. I need to be stronger. Hopefully I won't give in to his foolishness again. Grrrr.

I havent lost much (interpret as NOTHING) in the past month. And I don't want to hear about losing inches. I need to lose fat.

Oh, I so feel you about the husband gripe. Last night my DH said to me, "wow, I could really go for a big cup." To which I replied, "are you f-ing kidding me?!" he knows that those are my all time favorite. So, I sat in bed and obsessed over a frickin big cup. Who does that? Finally I told him to go to the store. I ate half of one and became so sick. Serves me right. I need to be stronger. Hopefully I won't give in to his foolishness again. Grrrr.

I did not give in to him, nor have I for the past 7 weeks....He goes to the store and buys crap (candy bars and cracker jacks , twinkies, zingers, and fills up my beautiful fruit bowl....it is amazing he just doesn't get it. I have quit purchasing soda, sugar in any form other than Truvia....LOL

I wish I could be a mouse in the corner to know what exactly he possibly can be thinking ...hmmm My wife just spent $9,000 on weight loss surgery and so lets eat chocolate, carmel, Cookies, crap etc...HELLO!!! I spent the money so I could lose weight, live longer, and out live you so you'll have a wife to take care of your sorry ass....I wish he could/would understand this.

I do believe that even the kids have lost a pound or two during this last 7 weeks.

I'm with you on the husband gripe too. Every night this week it's been Pasta or burgers for dinner. I can't do either, but both smell so amazing, then he'll have a big ole bowl of ice cream for dessert. I swear that he's overeating now, like he's eating the food I can't. I'm actually worried that he's going to eat himself to the point I was at pre surgery. I've mentioned my concerns to him numerous times, and he laughs it off.

I've noticed that my DH is also eating my portions of meals. It's like he's eating for both of us! He did this when I was pregnant with our boys years ago. I mentioned this with him and he too laughed it off. So frustrating. I don't want to turn into the food police, but something's gotta give. Sheesh.

Yeah, my hubby eats like pig. He will eat tons of food if it wasn't for his diabetes. His blood sugar was so high, his PCP called him on his cell phone and told him to make an appt with him. So now he's trying to eat less but is always hungry. That's what happens when your blood sugar gets out of control. He also gets really bad breath that can permeate the whole room. I can't stand it any more. ;)

How do we make them stop!!! mine just thinks I'm being judgemental...One night at the Mexican restaurant, I shared chicken fajitas with my daughter....I had 5 little pieces of chicken and 3 pieces of shrimp and 1 tsp. of beans...while they gobbled up huge big plates of food....He says to me very loudly...well your being quite the piggy tonight...I was hurt, but I said back to him...SHALL I GET YOU SOME LITERATURE TO READ UP ON JUST EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE HAD DONE? Just cuz I had this surgery does not mean I will NEVER get to enjoy the finer foods in life!

Ok... I cannot stop with the Dark chocolate Raisinettes. The fat girl inside my head is taking over.

Also, on the DH subject, mine says that he gets mad at me for putting too much food on my plate and not eating it. He doesn't get that it's as much of a mental process as a physical one. Get over yourself!

My NUT told me, your spouse either loses weight with you or gains a potion of your weight cause hes eating your portions. I would cook the meals ad don't let them sway the kids, you are doing the right thing.

Is it too late for whining of its 12am Thursday? No? Good, I'd hoped you'd say that........

So,.the carbaholic in me has been rearing it's ugly, ugly little head! Today I ate tons of chips w/ salsa AND corn bread!! Waaaah! And I never really eat or want bread. And no, it's not my TOM. Damn devil on my shoulder beat the Angel today. Here's to better self restraint tomorrow!

AND my dog just took a giant poop on my white rug. Guess that will be going in the trash :(

Thank fully the only the person that can sabotage me is me...

However my gripe is the number 98.7 (kgs)...it is has been on my scale for the last 2 weeks...i really want to see another number, I am so bored of 98.7.