Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm seven months out this week. I basically stopped losing weight around the forth month. I've lost 1lbs in a month for a total of 16 since 1/1.

I can't get the eating under control and feel myself slipping into a deep depression which doesn't help the eating.

I need to regroup and get motivated but it's easier said then done.

Anyone else struggling?

Tell me to butt out if you want but I'm curious, where did you start and where are you now? I know you're 92lbs down, but are you within normal ranges? And you say you're eating crap - can you be a little more specific? You may not need to make drastic changes, but maybe if we had a better idea of what your typical day is like food-wise we may be able to help you tweak a bit to get you working your sleeve again.

Hang in there mama, we've all been there ;-)

Tell me to butt out if you want but I'm curious, where did you start and where are you now? I know you're 92lbs down, but are you within normal ranges? And you say you're eating crap - can you be a little more specific? You may not need to make drastic changes, but maybe if we had a better idea of what your typical day is like food-wise we may be able to help you tweak a bit to get you working your sleeve again.

Hang in there mama, we've all been there ;-)

I started at 311.5. I'm at 218.5 now. My dr set my goal at 145. My goal is 180 and then I will see how I feel. I'm 5'10". I don't need to be a size 5. I have almost 40lbs to my first goal.

As for junk, I'm eating a tiny bit of chocolate occasionally but not much. My 'junk' is Peanut Butter crackers. I hated Peanut Butter before surgery. Now, I have this gross acidy feeling in my stomach and mouth at all time so I eat the crackers to 'soak' it up.

I agree with Dooter. Not gaining is a major success in my book. Dont beat yourself up for not losing. Restart your journey. You're a pro you know what to do.

Are you taking a PPI still? That can really help with the acid production.

It may take a little longer to hit your goal now that you are 7 months out but don't be discouraged! A lot of people take 12 months or even longer to lose to goal. Not everyone hits goal at 6-7 months. I've read many posts about people hitting goal around 12-15 months post op. Seen a few that hit goal at 18 months. Be patient with yourself. You already must feel a thousand times better and the last bit is just slower. Relish in what you have lost, keep doing the right things, and you will get there. You already know the light is at the end of the tunnel, now you just have to wait to get there. You just need to bask in the sunlight, relish the blessings, and keep a bright smile on your face. It will come.

I'm 5'9" and I can tell you that I'm skinny at 170. So I def think 180 is a good weight for you at your height. You will look wAy too thin at 145. I'm wondering if you need more calories? Because of your height. I know I do, and if I under do it I hold onto my weight.

Are you exercising at all? If not, you should. It will help not only in terms of burning more calories and increasing your metabolism, but it also helps you make better food choices. You just don't feel like eating crap after working out hard. Not to mention, one hour at the gym - one hour you are not eating, lol.

KateMarie ~ You have been talking about depression and triggers to eating and this is a great time to get a therapist if at all possible. He/She could help with giving you new tools to deal with the triggers. ;)

Sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I am only three weeks post op so I am not exactly in your shoes. I have a very good support system around me. My co-workers and family have been very supportive. HOWEVER...some people are not as supportive and are expecting me to fail with this surgery...this is my motivation. I want to prove to the naysayers that I will not fail. So that is what I do to motivate myself to to stay on track and committed to weight loss. Good luck!

Something else I noticed with your original post was that the message that you are sending to your self is self defeating. Even if you are not losing and you are not doing just what you are suppose to always tell yourself that YOU CAN DO THIS! YOU WILL FINISH THIS TO GOAL! YOU ARE NOT A QUITER BUT AN ACHIEVER!

When you say things to yourself like you are a failure you are telling yourself that you are giving up. Your reaching out to others, that isn't someone that sounds like they want to give up. Don't tell yourself you are.

You are amazing. I admire you for losing that much weight. I pray I get that far with my weight lose.

Best wishes to you . I'll keep you and your sleeve (lol) in my prayers! :)

One day you will look back and be tickled you did not give in.