Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reflux...sore throat?

Hi everyone,

Since my fill last week (was at 5 cc, put in 2 cc as per TLBC, too tight, had one removed that night because I couldn't swallow spit, at 6 cc now, 10 cc band) I've had a sore scratchy throat. I don't think it's anything viral, I can feel pressure and I'm constantly swallowing. It's like something is just sitting there bugging my throat. Should I start taking Prevacid again? Or am I too tight? It's not really hurting me, I'm just worried about esophagitis. I can't say that I'm restricted enough either, so I don't want a defill. I'm having trouble with Portion Control and hunger between meals, I'm always wanting to snack. I had an average sized lunch 2.5 hours ago and my stomach is growling!! I'm too afraid to step on the scale so I don't know if I've lost or gained anything, I'm leaning on the gaining side!!!

buffie it could be a cold and sore throat coming on.it is going around.i have a swelling gland and sore throat also.

hi buffie, I'm not really sure, but I know I get that feeling during allergie season, and not always every year. Right now its haying season around here, I'm not sure whats going on where you live, but that could be it? Or maybe a virus like loriely said. If you can eat and drink with no problems then it dosent sound like the band. Hopefully it will pass though. Let us now how it goes!!:Banane27:

Buffie,

Depending on when you feel this, it could be reflux. I have a constant sore throat. It started with an "occasional" sore throat that I'd have when I woke in the morning. It has progressed to a constant burning, irritation. I've contacted my doc, but apparently he doesn't think it's too terribly serious because I called him on Wednesday and as of this afternoon his nurse says maybe he'll get back to me on Tuesday. She suggested maybe I'm too tight, maybe I need to take antacids or maybe I need a barium swallow. :Banane27:

I guess, I'd have to ask why do you think this is reflux versus post nasal drip/sinus problems? If you're having some other symptoms that makes you think it's reflux, I'd at least call my doctor. I know how you feel, not wanting to get unfilled. But if you're having reflux, you're putting your esophagus at risk.

No advice from my end Buffie....but hopefully it is just a cold or something. Keep an eye!

Same here Buffie, you've got some good advice/suggestions/thoughts already, so I can't add anything!

Take care,

Mandi

My friend's doc told her that sore throat thing on one side (of course after ruling out the allergies, etc.) was a too tight band and as soon as he pulled out a little Fluid it disappeared. Also my doc is pretty adamant about reflux alot of times being a too tight band too - something you don't want - a too tight band is asking for slippage and misery trying to eat, drink etc. I think you've gotten some good advice here but is it possible to get a tiny unfill and see if that helps.

Go back on the prevacid for a week or two. I had the same thing after my last fill and it only lasted 2 weeks.