Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nsv - My Surgeon Asked Me To Be In An Ad!

I did my commercial "shoot" on Wednesday. What a fun experience! It was way more complicated than I expected - I thought there would be four or five people to get the thing done. There was closer to a dozen people there - two for hair and make-up, a director, the ad agency guy, a video photograper, a still photographer, a sound guy, a lighting guy, a camera assistant, and various other assistants. It was an interesting process to observe and to particpate in. Very organized, but still allowed for the creative "stuff".

I wish the woman that did my hair and makeup could come by every morning and do my face before I left my house. I didn't look made-up hardly at all, I just looked as good as I possibly could (and ever have). Apparently, since things are now shot to be shown on HD, the way that makeup artist do their job has changed. No thick cakey look (like stage actors use). She used an airbrush and a pallet of subtle matte colors. And, it washed off with soap and Water. The experience has made me re-think some of my makeup choices.

I have hated to have my picture taken most of my life, and avoided cameras as much as possible. I found it is possible to sit and have a conversation with the director - looking either right at him or at the video camera, and really forget you are being filmed and that a still photographer is snapping your picture almost continuously. I think I had more pictures taken of me that day than I have had cumulatively in my entire life. He probably took 500-600 shots that morning! I will be interested to see the results of them. Odds are, he should have gotten some good ones.

I think the fact that I was comfortable during the process speaks to the skill of the director. He has the ability to make you completely at ease, and give you the impression the things you are saying are the most interesting things he has ever heard. My logical mind told me that was what he was doing, but I still responded to him emotionally. As he had me telling my story, he had me laughing, smiling and even brought tears to my eyes at one point. That surprised me. I am such a logical person (I am an engineer by profession), I thought my decision to have surgery was mostly logic based (health, wanted a longer life) but it also had a lot of emotions tied up in it. That really came out at one point in the morning.

I am not sure what all is going to be woven into the finished product. I provided "before" still pictures, some "before" video, pictures as I was losing, and some "after" pictures.

When the ad agency shows me the fininshed product, I will provide the link and hopefully a couple of still shots.

Woaw, Sharon, that sounds amazing.. what a great experience! i am really pleased that you have been rewarded for your success ... you are such a positive and insightful person that you are definately the right choice for the WLS campaign!

I can't wait to see the finished product! xx

Sharon,

Congrats! You are a fabulous ad for your surgeon. A happy, healthy success story!

Lynda

Congrats!! I think they made an excellent choice for a spokesperson and I can't wait to see the finished product (ad)!!! :)

Awesome! Can't wait to see the finished ad.

Well, the ad is up on my Doctor's website.

Here is the link: http://www.nicholson...nials/#!zoom/4/

Please don't take this that I am trying to convince anyone on this site to use Dr. Nick. He is a wonderful surgeon and I am very happy with him. Picking your surgeon is personal choice - I don't think you could go wrong with Dr. Nick - but there are a lot of good surgeons out there. I am putting this link up here to share my story with you guys here on the site. You are the people that helped me through the pre-surgery and post-surgery process and I wanted to share this NSV with you.

I have also attached a couple of pictures that the photographer took.

Sharon

post-6636-13813658926065_thumb.jpg

post-6636-1381365892707_thumb.jpg

Sharon: You look absolutely amazing! What a great transformation! you look so happy and also healthy. XOXOXOXO!

I remember seeing your picture!!!! Very cool and congrats!!

Yey for the photos ... Sharon your smile says it all for me! You look truly beautiful... congrats! x

Oh, and Sharon, you have such a calming voice... is was lovely to 'hear' your story as well as see it! x

Well, the ad is up on my Doctor's website.

Here is the link: http://www.nicholson...nials/#!zoom/4/

Please don't take this that I am trying to convince anyone on this site to use Dr. Nick. He is a wonderful surgeon and I am very happy with him. Picking your surgeon is personal choice - I don't think you could go wrong with Dr. Nick - but there are a lot of good surgeons out there. I am putting this link up here to share my story with you guys here on the site. You are the people that helped me through the pre-surgery and post-surgery process and I wanted to share this NSV with you.

I have also attached a couple of pictures that the photographer took.

Sharon

Sharon, I LOVE IT!!! :wub: Wow, your story made me want to cry... walking up that hill and feeling like you wanted to die. Ive been there, so I understand. Look at you now though. I'm so happy for you and I totally agree with Coops - you have a wonderfully lovely and soothing voice. ^_^ Would you mind if I shared that on my Facebook? ?

Irene - I don't mind at all - I am going to put up the link on my Facebook, too.

Interesting that you and Coops think I have a calm and soothing voice. It's nice to be thought of it sounding that way. Quite a difference from when I was a child. When I was a small child, I had a speech problem. I couldn't pronounce the sound of the letter "R" - it came out like a "W" - like the Elmer Fudd character in the cartoons. I had some speach training to correct it before I went to school. Now, my "R's" disappear only if I have had too much to drink or I am tired to the point of exhaustion. Kind of a good thing to have - it tells me I need to STOP what I'm doing and take care of myself.

I do enjoy public speaking - I have done a lot of it in my career. I was pretty relaxed while they were filming - the director made me very comfortable during the proccess.

Thank you for all of your support.

Sharon

Irene - I don't mind at all - I am going to put up the link on my Facebook, too.

Interesting that you and Coops think I have a calm and soothing voice. It's nice to be thought of it sounding that way. Quite a difference from when I was a child. When I was a small child, I had a speech problem. I couldn't pronounce the sound of the letter "R" - it came out like a "W" - like the Elmer Fudd character in the cartoons. I had some speach training to correct it before I went to school. Now, my "R's" disappear only if I have had too much to drink or I am tired to the point of exhaustion. Kind of a good thing to have - it tells me I need to STOP what I'm doing and take care of myself.

I do enjoy public speaking - I have done a lot of it in my career. I was pretty relaxed while they were filming - the director made me very comfortable during the proccess.

Thank you for all of your support.

Sharon

Interesting that you had trouble with the pronunciation of the "R." I also had speech therapy in school and could never get the correct pronunciation of button. LOL You do have a very calming voice. ;)

Sharon, this is wonderful! You look amazing (thanks for attaching the stills and I love your tennis shoes!!!) Congratulations on being such a huge success story.

P.S. - Did you know they were filming your hands so much! :P

Wow!! You looking freaking amazing!! I am off to watch your story!! Big congrats to you!!