Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've seen many people say they didn't,feel they'd lost as much weight as they'd hoped.. regardless of the pound number are you losing inches? Are you looking better? Are people noticing?

Well, I am fairly happy with my numbers (I've slowed way down recently) but I have dropped a ton of sizes and people do notice :) It is especially awesome when I see people that do not about my weight loss. It makes it easier when my weight loss stalls when I remember that my body is still changing and catching up.

I never tracked inches, but I love it when my jeans go down a size. To make it easier on myself I only wear one brand of jeans (at this point). I hate when my jean size fluctuates, even if I know it realistically is not me going up in a size but rather a different brand/different sizes etc. So I stuck with one brand and I love it when I have to buy the size down :) I went from a 24 old navy jean to a 6! I don't dare trying on a 6 anywhere else because if they don't fit it would crush me lol. My other pants are a size 8. So I'm feeling pretty good right about now!

Congrats im so happy for you!!.cnt wait for my turn

Congrats im so happy for you!!.cnt wait for my turn

You'll be there before you know! Thanks

I am thrilled with my results, I think that people can get discouraged from time to time, or perhaps hope that the rapid wieght loss will continue, but it always slows down.

I have gone from 26W pants/3X tops to now buying 18W/20W pants and 1X some smaller2X tops. I have a long way to go, but it has made such a huge difference to lose even this much! Clothes look better, it is easier to do activities, I just feel more "normal."

I have lost 125 pounds, gone from a 24/26 to a 12ish what is that, 8 sizes? I still have 40 lbs to go which will probably only equal 3 more sizes but after plastics, maybe I'll be a 4.

How many months or years are yall out?

I'll tell you what.. I'm a far greater fan of losing inches than pounds. I weigh 170 Lbs but I dare anyone to guess that without knowing it first!! :P

It's so much fun shopping and buying such tiny clothes, putting on a Small top rather than a 3-4X which is what I was wearing at my heaviest, or 28W pants that actually fit tight! My pants sizes are all over the place depending on how they're made or who makes them (Levi's tend to run small those jerks!!). I have a big booty, so if the pants don't allow for that I have to buy bigger sizes... but oh well. Tell me, I never EVER thought I'd put on a pair of pants with a ZERO on the tag. Ha!! :wub: Of course I can only wear that one pair in zero but so what (NYDJ)? It's still a 0...

I'm healthier today than I have ever been in my entire life as well. Which for me is the most important thing.

BTW: I was sleeved on 9/15/10 so that makes me nearly 19 months post op.

Good job lol miss diva.. don't worry about that obe pair that's one pair you wouldve NEVER worn without your hard work

I'm out 3 years and have lost 150 lbs. . . don't know how many inches. . . went from size 4XL to L and from pant size 32 to 18. . .I love it. . . I don't look sickly or anything, have lots of loose skin, but hey, not going to be a super model anyhow. . . . love how i look in clothes and am soooooo very happy that i finally can cross my legs, ride those horses, and fit in a plane sit without asking for an extension. . . .

I am 4 months out and down 43lbs. I wish it was more like high 50 or 60 and to think I still have 40 lbs until goal makes me kind of sad but the good thing is everyone is noticing it. I carried a lot of weight in my face, so that is the first thing that has gone down a lot:

Photoon2012-01-27at0927-1.jpg

and has made everyone notice. I do like that I now fit into 14's so I can easily find clothes at places like Kohls, Ross, Old Navy and actually look good.

I have lost a good amount of weight. I'm totally happy with how I look. This is the decision I would make again if I need to.. I am a walking testimony for wls. Everyone are commenting on how good I look but what I talk about is how much energy I have now and that my health issues are gone. I will now be talking about the benefits of losing the excess weight in our head and how being over weight effects our ability to think and process. It leads to dementia according to Dr. Oz. So happy with my wls! Yayyyyyyyyyyy! LOL ;)

I have lost 50lbs at 2 1/2 mos post-op but I've pretty much been stalled for the last 3 weeks. Most people notice in my face the weight that I've lost.

7weeksPostOp-1.jpg

I am going to be 2 months out on the 9th and I am down 47 lbs, 32 since surgery. I went from a size 20 jean to...last night I bought a pair of size 14's!!! Most of my pants I have now are 16's but they are getting too big ( darn huh?) Yes, I am happy with my results so far and people do notice all the time. I have no problem telling them what I did too, I tell everyone that will listen! :rolleyes:

I was at a trade show and this guy who I advertise with came up to me and said...Hi, my name is David. I know Susan that works at your Museum. Can you tell her I said hello! I was like...I am Susan. That was pretty crazy! Other than that I am feeling pretty thin. I am 185, a size 10 top, 12 bottom and slowly still losing. I am happy here, but ok with losing more too. Some people notice, but they don't know what to say or maybe they think to themselves...Wasn't she a big girl?