Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The other day, I was able to record a .2 pound loss on my scale. It is the first time I've been able to post a loss since February 17.

On February 17, I even started writing a blog post congratulating myself on losing 70 pounds, but I haven't posted it yet because I haven't lost the rest of that last pound yet. When I first started writing the post, I thought it would happen within days, and it has been weeks (over a month), and it still hasn't happened.

I keep telling myself to stay positive. Stalls happen. I am doing all of the right things. I am getting my Protein in. I'm drinking Water. I'm exercising. I am looking for other ways to notice the loss. I am seeing muscle tone.

But the scale still isn't moving down, and I am really getting sick of it.

The thing is, I can feel changes in my body. I can see changes in my body. I know more muscle is forming.

But that isn't being reflected in my scale either.

I have one of those scales that measure body fat. It keeps telling me my percentage is over 40. I don't think that can be right at all. I've lost probably 20 some pounds since getting this scale, and it hasn't really changed my fat percentage. And I KNOW I have more muscle now. I can feel it and see it.

I even looked into getting one of those bodpod evaluations, but there are only two places that have one anywhere near me (more than an hour away). Both of those places are universities, so I'm not sure the bodpod is available for the public. I can't find any info on signing up for it.

I've read on here about many of you who have stalled for months, and I don't know how you do it and remain sane.

I am at the point where I just want to say screw it and console myself in some ice cream. It's like the failure of the scale to move is giving me a reason to make bad choices. If my good choices aren't going to result in anything, why bother?

I am trying to stay strong, and I realize that making bad choices is not going to make the loss happen. I keep telling myself that I will lose more weight. I am doing all the right things, and it is will happen. I read articles like the one explaining why loss doesn't happen (posted in the last few days here), and it confirms everything I know.

It's just frustrating waiting for that "whoosh" the article refers to.

And the biggest thing of all is that this whole experience just makes me even more thankful for my sleeve. If weight loss is this hard with the sleeve, it is no surprise that I wasn't successful at ALL before the sleeve. I am exercising more than I ever have. I am eating less than I ever have. I feel great and still no loss. Is it any wonder I didn't lose pre-sleeve when I thought exercising was a half hour walk once in a while?

Now, I'm off to burn some calories. Slow and steady wins the race even if slow sometimes feels like stop.....

Linda, I feel everything you're saying. I could have almost written your post, but I'm working really hard on the mental part of this. I've lost 3 pants sizes, but less than 10 pounds in the last three months. I did finally lose a couple of pounds this month, but it feels like I've been busting my butt to do it.

I just keep chanting to myself that "muscle weighs more than fat". I've been working out, eating (mostly) right and pushing the Water. What is helping is keeping my tush OFF the scale. If I can just concentrate on the positives like smaller sizes and more muscle, the negative of the scale not moving doesn't bother me so much.

Good luck!

I am so sorry to hear that you are having such a horrible stall. But I congratulate you on your positive outlook. It is so true that if weight loss is this hard WITH the sleeve I can't imagine what it would be like without it! No wonder I was never successful before.

I can't imagine what you're going through. I was about to pull my hair out after a 3 week stall. They are so frustrating. To break mine I changed up what I was doing. I stuck to my Proteins and Water and changed the type of exercise I was doing. The weekend before my stall broke (I weigh in on mondays) I visited some friends and I had a "carb" day... meaning that I focused on Proteins but I didn't worry about the ice cream scoop I had or the cookie I had. I needed the break mentally. My sleeve let me be normal without worrying about going crazy. The next day I was down 4. I definitely don't go carb crazy to lose the weight, it normally wouldn't work. It could've just been the mental sigh of relief over the weekend that caused it, I really don't know.

No matter what, stalls are tough. Focus on all of those wonderful NSV's and your muscle tone and your body and relax knowing that your sleeve will take care of you. Also, your scale stinks lol! Leave it alone for awhile.

((hugs)) good luck!

Linda' date=' I feel everything you're saying. I could have almost written your post, but I'm working really hard on the mental part of this. I've lost 3 pants sizes, but less than 10 pounds in the last three months. I did finally lose a couple of pounds this month, but it feels like I've been busting my butt to do it.

I just keep chanting to myself that "muscle weighs more than fat". I've been working out, eating (mostly) right and pushing the Water. What is helping is keeping my tush OFF the scale. If I can just concentrate on the positives like smaller sizes and more muscle, the negative of the scale not moving doesn't bother me so much.

Good luck![/quote']

3 pant sizes?!? Don't pay attention to that dang scale! I would be happy not dropping a pound if I could lose 3 sizes! You shoul try on that dress again! I bet it hits amazing now!

Linda, my lovely sleeve friend!

You know my story... 6mth stall... one inch loss... bouncing around the same numbers week after week!

Am I giving up? Mostly NO... sometimes yes!

I totally feel for you and understand exactly what you are saying because I feel the same way. I am desperate to get to goal... I don't want to be obese, I don't even want to be overweight which is what my surgeon's goal would put me at... but I am trying to be positive.

That being said...

Just recently I have decided that the stupid evil scale WILL NOT dictate to me anymore. It will not effect my mood and ir will not make me feel that I am a failure. We have both lost pretty much the same amout... and lets ne honest, regardless of what the scale says, it 'feels' bloody amazing ... don't you agree!

While the scale remains stuck, I am focusing on all the good stuff that has happened over the last 20mths and that is a GREAT feeling!

You know I am here for you... any time you need to rant and rave... you do it! But don't give up my lovely. You have done such an amazing job... the stall can jog on! You've got muscles and health and beauty inside and out!

Remember, slow but sure wins the race, and the scenic route is rather beautiful! x

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!

Way to go on your progress so far, 3 sizes down is awesome!