Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need advice on fill

Hi guys, I am asking the experts here since you all know what it is like. I got my second fill yesterday, I am now at 2.3cc in my medium band. Since the fill (done under fluoro) I was of course on liquids yesterday, in which was able to go down and not come up, but 80% of the time went down with gurgling, like air or something. It's hard to explain, it even gurgles sometimes when i swallow my spit. However I do not feel like throwing it up but it just feels like alot of trapped air in there. I am on mushies today, and I am eating yogurt for the first time, and it is going down ok without the gurgling. I guess my question is this what it feels like to be TOO FULL and i need some taken out or is this normal, i'm a little scared to start solid foods tommorrow, and find out then and not be able to get unfilled. Also, when it was gurgling after the fill about 30 min later they brought me back in and checked me under fluro to make sure it was going down even with the gurgling. Am I being paranoid. Please help....:help:

As long as you are able to keep liquids down, I don't see it as a problem. Gurgling has been the "norm" for me since banding. You will lose a little more of the swelling in the next few days and you should be fine.

I got too much put in on Tuesday and couldn't swallow my own spit. I had to go back yesterday and have .7cc taken out... I am still not 100% so I may have to get a total unfill if it doesn't loosen up.

Hi Regina I too gurgled as my swelling was going down after surgery and again when my swelling was going down after my first fill. Kinda like the Water draining in the bathtub.

Myra

Being overfilled can slow your weightloss and cause serious problems. I just responded to something similar on another thread, rather than repeating it I'll just point ya to the thread. Also, I'll give you the link to an excellent checklist for fill guidance. I think you'll find both helpful, so please take a moment to check them out.

My post is #23 on page two of this thread:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=21952

Checklist for fills:

http://lapbandtransformation.com/Adjustments.htm

Photonut,

Thanks for the link to the page about band fills. My first fill was scheduled for tomorrow, but I had to re schedule it to later in the month because of a family funeral. I've read some of the other posts from people who apparently got too much fill and were having lots of trouble. I'm still losing weight, but it's going slower now so it must be about time. It sounds like the key is having a good doctor and having good communication between the two of you. I don't mind the slower weight loss. I figure it took me years to get like this so it's not going to melt away over night.

pre surgery high 275

day of surgery 262

current 239

Banded by Dr McBride UNMC Omaha Nebr June 20 2006

Barb

I got my first fill 2 days ago and wanted 2.0 for my first fill, but Dr. Curry kinda thought since I have a 4 1/2 hour drive each way he'd rather be safe than sorry and me not have to drive back the next day so I got 1.5.

I can tell I have restriction probably not as much as the 2.0 but I can still eat and I can drink without any problems but my portions have been cut in half, I just don't have the interest in food I had. I hope this is a sign of some restriction. He said I could come back in 2 weeks for more but I am going to wait out the whole 2 weeks and see because I don't want to get miserable and today I felt like superwoman.

I mowed the yard, weedeated, cut down a dead tree, cleaned house, just felt damn good for a change. Don't want to tempt fate.