Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone I finally finally finally got my surgery date! I'm so excited! My surgery date is May 1st, would love to know anyone who has the same date. When should I start my pre op diet? I have noticed that from the pre op diet people have lost anywhere from 10 to 20 pounds! Would love to know what were you doing? And any recommendations for me from here on out

Congrats!! I know you are super excitd, your time will be here in no time.

For my pre op diet I did Protein shakes twice a day (body fortress shakes from wal mart) and for my third meal I did a low carb south beach diet type meal. HTH

Congrats!! I know you are super excitd' date=' your time will be here in no time.

For my pre op diet I did Protein shakes twice a day (body fortress shakes from wal mart) and for my third meal I did a low carb south beach diet type meal. HTH[/quote']

Thanks for your input how much did you lose

Thanks for your input how much did you lose

I lost about 35 pre op but that included my whole 6 month diet and all that. I dont remember how much I lost on my 2 week pre op diet. All in all I've lost 60 pounds though.

I lost about 35 pre op but that included my whole 6 month diet and all that. I dont remember how much I lost on my 2 week pre op diet. All in all I've lost 60 pounds though.

Wow that's great!

That's great, congrats to you!!

I start my per op diet next week on the 11th, my surgery is on the 24th.

Good Luck to you!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Oops' date=' pre op!! It's been a long day, LOL

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Thank you and good luck to you aswell. What does your pre op diet consists of

Thank you and good luck to you aswell. What does your pre op diet consists of

It will be 3 Protein shakes a day, then one lean Protein with veggies meal. I'm probably going to have that meal at lunch, just so I can get thru my work day without biting someone's leg!!

But seroiusly, it makes sense also to eat heavier earlier in my day, so I can burn off more calories .is yours similar? I ordered unflavored Protein powder, plus this stuff called Pro Go Elixir in white grape, you had it to your Water, kinda like that Mio stuff at the grocery store, but this has protein, it's Bariatric Advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hey everyone I finally finally finally got my surgery date! I'm so excited! My surgery date is May 1st, would love to know anyone who has the same date. When should I start my pre op diet? I have noticed that from the pre op diet people have lost anywhere from 10 to 20 pounds! Would love to know what were you doing? And any recommendations for me from here on out

I had a 2 week pre-op diet with 2 shakes a day and a small meal with 3 oz lean Protein and vegetables prepared with no extra fat - lost 13 lbs during that 2 weeks and my surgeon loved my liver! LOL - Congrats on your date!!! :D

My surgery isn't until May 21 so it will be a little while before my pre-op diet but it will consist of two weeks of liquid only, then the last day of Clear Liquids and nothing after midnight the day before surgery. The two weeks of liquid will be 4 Protein Shakes and clear liquids in between. Yes, it's all about shrinking the liver I believe.