Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I am new to the community and just wanted to say Hi!

I am really looking forward to getting to know people and getting to share my journy as I make the steps toward my own surgery!!

so a little about me:

I have three amazing kids, 7, 2, and 8 months. My husband and I just moved from CT to DE (I am from the area) and I am so happy we did!! I am employed full time and I go to school part time, I am working on my MBA and hope to be done sometime in 2014. *fingers crossed*

I have always been a pretty active person, played soccer and swam during high school and I played rugby for my university in college, but even still I was considered overweight. with having my children the weight just kept coming, and I have tried pretty much everything with limited sucess. My mother had gastric bypass in 2004 and she has kept the weight off and has a much healthier life then before. I remember as a child her not being able to walk far because it hurt, and I have found that I am strating to feel that way. It was this realization that made me jump into action, I needed to do something! I didn't want my children to see me in pain and feel like they could do nothing, the way I did.

I have already had my first appointment with the Doctor, she has determined that I am a candidate for surgery and now I am scheduled for my nutrition classes, blood work and other dr appointments all scattered through out April, May, and June. Once I am done, I then have to get approval from my insurance, which I am worried about because I have heard the horror stories about getting approval! I hope to have a surgery date in August or September!!!

Welcome Kendra! I am in the beginning stages, too, and look forward to sharing this journey with you.

Me too Kendra! I'm I'm the beginning stages. Have completed all but one test, then on to the insurance stage--I hope that goes smoothly. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Best of luck on your journey! I know the insurance can be worrisome. That was my worst fear, being denied. The surgeon's office took care of everything and I was approved the first time. My insurance believes in WLS. As long as your a candidate and your insurance covers it, you should not have a problem. Good luck!! This is a great site for information and for support.

Welcome this group, forum, site, whatever you would like to call it is very insightful, has been extremely helpful for me. As far as your insurance worries, why don't you call and ask them what would be reasons they would denied you and how long does it take to get approved that way when it's time to submit your documents, you are prepared for what's coming

Welcome Kendra. I, too, am new to this process. Hoping for WLS in July or August. Am nearby, too --in Md. Good luck.

WELCOME KENDRA

THIS IS A PLACE FULL OF INFORMATION . WELL I JUST FINISHED MY LAST VISIT WITH MY DR AND JUST WAITING ON APPROVAL.. I DID CALL THE INSURANCE THEY SAY TO ALLOW 30 DAYS BUT USUALLY ITS SOONER SO ONCE U GET THERE JUST CALL THEY WILL TELL U WHAT U WANT TO KNOW.. GOOD LUCK