Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All Experienced Sleevers

I need some help. I was advanced to stage 2 diet(aka "mush"). I can not even get in 1/4 c. Of anything...suggestions? Also I cant even get a whole Protein Shake in. help(i'm gonna be vain for a second) im afraid my hair will fall out

I know we are all different. It took me a long time before I could get to 1/4 cup. When I first started mushies I was lucky to get in a tablespoon in! Maybe two!!! Also, it depends on what I ate. I was allowed a scrambled egg at the mushie stage. Well, one bite and I was done!!! But it gets better and better week to week. Regarding the shakes, it took me a while to get those down too. In the very, very begining, I was instructed to get no more than one ounce every 8 to 10 minutes. Eventually, after a few weeks that got better. But it would still take me between 35 to 45 minutes to get 8 to 10 oz down. And it seems to vary day to day. Even now at 9 and half months I have days where I seem to be able to eat a little more, and then I have days that the restriction seems more intense. I still can't quite tell if it's related to the type of food or just my body "asking' for more or less food.< /p>

Regarding the hair... bummer to say, I had quite a bit of hair loss! :-( BUT THE GOOD NEWS: It's coming back!!!!!! I have about an inch and a half of new growth!!!! Coming in strong too! I just keep it as healthy as I can.

Best of luck with the process. It does get easier, especially as you learn more about your body and the new signals etc.

Don't stress about it, just try to work up to 1/4c. Don't push it. Drink as much as your Protein Drink as you can. As time goes by, you will be able to get more in your tummy. As for your hair, I wouldn't stress on that either, because it is normal to loose some hair after surgery anyways and it will grow back in time. You are doing great! Keep up the hard work! ;)

FYI its not a given that you're going to have hairloss. I've seen too many post on here saying it will happen. I'm down over 80 pounds since being sleeved and haven't had any hairloss....if you stay on the Vitamins like instructed (like I have) you'll prevent the hairloss....

You'll eventually get to 1/4c food, don't push it. . for now just a couple of tblspns is good at each meal. In the beginning you can't eat much, I think that was the general idea. . .but as far as the Protein Shake, sip it over a couple of hours, you don't have to drink it all at once. . .just take it easy. . .your tummy is swollen and sore, it takes time and it is definately a learning process. I'm 3 years out now and can bearly finish 7 oz of food at any given time. I drink my fluids well, but over a time period. As far as the Hair loss, honey that is a chance we have taken, it may or may not happen. . . mine is still falling out and it's been 3 years. . i'm surprised i'm not bald, i used to have beautiful thick long hair, now it's so thin, my braid is no thicker then my pinky finger. . . ugh. . .and unlike Mr. Worm, I have always taken my Vitamins as directed and have still had tremendous hair loss. . so that is not a factor in the keep your hair dept. . oh well I chose it and prefer the weight loss. . . but just be patient and do the best you can with your diet, follow the doctors orders and make sure you do your vitamins and keep your appts. . . good luck

One good way to get Protein in if you can't stomach a lot of food yet: Unjury chicken broth flavored protein. Have a couple cups of that each day and you'll be doing pretty well adding in what you CAN eat. It's not bad at all. It's about 20 or 21 grams per scoop in 8 oz of Water. OH! and that would count toward your liquid intake! ;)

I have purchased unjury directly from their website s bc on Amazon

I recommend the Unjury starter kit

Thanks. Im heading to my comp now. You guys are great

Cool! ya, i got mine from their website too.