Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st fill after 2nd surgery. Help QUESTIONS

hey guys well i went and got my 1st fill yesterday. and ouch she stuck me like 8 different times because she would get it in and then have me roll over to check the position and ofcourse the needle would come out. THis lady was not very good. So finally she says she got it . I felt it pop a little and i knew she was in but then she made me turn to my side again and that is usually when the needle came out. She went ahead and decided to give me my fill of 1.2 cc's cause i wanted to be a little on the conservative after my overfill before my 2nd surgery. So she is pushing hard on the plunger to get the saline to go into my band and keeps commenting on how difficult it is and how much resistance she is getting. Does this seem normal to you? I am worried that maybe she didn't get it into the port at all and that is why she was getting so much resistance. Does anyone know why this would happen. ANy thoughts would help im getting a little nervous. I had a small bowl of Cereal this morning and have not had any problems but i also don't notice any difference from before.. ANy ideas guys?

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Well, not being a fill doctor, I can't really say whether the resistance your doc felt is normal or not. :D My doctor doesn't narrate what he's feeling when I get fills.

All I can say is that it is entirely possible to get a fill and then not feel much difference for a few days or even a week or so. If you're still feeling no difference two or three weeks out you might want to call her back and see about another adjustment.

well when i had problems getting restrition they commented that when they were filling and unfilling to check that the Fluid was there the were getting no resistance and that concerned them.

what were you filled to before (the 1st time) would 1.2 cc's given you ant restriction then? i would give it 2-3 weeks before getting another fill if theres no difference. sometime they take a while to kick in.

was this a new band or the same one?

I'm a newbie still recovering from my band surgery. But all this talk about fills will help me when I'm ready for my first. Did your doctor do the fill under flouroscopy or x-ray? Can't they see exactly how much is going in? How can a doctor be sure the saline gets in if there's no x-ray?

delarla

even uder fluoro they cant tell how much went in unless they use contrast saline which is visable under x-ray.

they are looking at how the barium flows through your band when you drink.

michelle

Fills, barium flows, x-rays... it's all too confusing. I guess I'll have to wait till I need a fill to see it all first-hand. Why would I pay extra for an x-ray if they can't see anything? Very confused here, Miss I Lost One Hundred Pounds! Geeze, I can't even imagine how you must feel. Awesome!

hey delarla!!!

heres a link to a guy who video'd an unfill if you want to check it out.

Weigh In and a "Unfill"

Original Post by Jonathan Gleich at 6:59 PM PST on 05/15/2004

Brooklyn, NY - Lap Band (12/04/2003)

WOW, I have had so many people emailing me about the video I did,

I made a video of JUST the Weigh in and the unfill

http://www.bandster.us/NEW/unfillBIG.mov

15 meg movie - better quality

http://www.bandster.us/NEW/Unfillsmall.mov

5 megs - less quality

So many people told Dr. Ren about it, she now features it on her website!

Jonathan

P:S: As soon as you click on the link it starts loading, 5 mins for the small and 15 minutes for the large (Unless you have MONSTER bandwidth!)