Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ponce De Leon And Trish

I'm scheduled with Dr. Ponce on may 17th. Anyone else going that day? Also, anyone who has used him please tell me your experience!

I went to Dr. Kelly in Feb. Trish was my coordinator. I did meet Dr. Ponce after my surgery and he is a wonderful man, warm and very caring. He does not speak a lot of English but Trish translated then and I am sure he has a translator. He gives great advice for post -op. I was really impressed with the amount of care he puts into the post diet he gives. I asked someone on here for it for I was told it was great. It is! Plans for each meal post op. I believe all the way to goal weight, if you chose to follow it.

Trish took me, my husband and my sleeve sister to the coast to see the beach, on the way back we had to stop by the hospital Dr. Ponce works at.

I was totally happy with Dr. Kelly but if I did not know of Kelly I would of gladly of went with Dr. Ponce. The hospital he performs surgery at is completely awesome.

Trish is awesome also, you are in great hands! You have the best scenerio, excellent Dr., coordinator and hospital!!! Really!!!! Did you ask Trish if there is anyone else going around the same time as you, if so she will put you in contact with them, that is exactly how I met my sleeve sister before surgery. She lives in Minasota and we talked on the phone before we ever went to MX. We still talk ..

Best to you.

It's really hard to get any feed back on dr. Ponce de leon. I know he has had many patients, yet not many speak up :( I am thinking of going with him May 10. Thanks for the info, what hospital where you referring to"? I have the option of having it at florence where dr Kelly does his surgeries also or at INT.

I went to florence. It was an older hospital but the care I got there was better than I have ever recieved here in the states. They are very warm and caring people. I felt very comfortable. I am not sure of INT. I don't recall the name of the hosptal that Dr. Ponce was in. I thought it was like... Med something? Unsure. I can find out though.

That was a very new up to date hospital. I actally talked to one of his nurses that had the sleeve done. He performed it. She looked great. She had surgery a year ago.

I'm going with int hospital because I get the video of my surgery!! I feel very comfortable with a surgeon who records his every surgery! Although, once I get home it could be Joe blow on that table! Lol. Totally kidding!

Lol mommyinneed I thought about that too. I decided to go with INT too because of that mostly. I also hear they have more experienced nurses and is very close to the hotel Lucerna.

Yeah i get car sick, and I don't do well on anesthesia so I know te less of a drive the better! I keep thinking the flight home will be so miserable. I sure hope I sleep through it.

I want to get some preop testing here with my pcp before leaving for mx just to ensure I'm safe and ready for surgery. My main concern is dvt and blood clots/pulmonary embolisms. Ive never been at risk but it's still possible.

yeah that is also my main concern. I have been doing some research in the subject about best ways of preveting them, and it seems to definetly be compression stockings and lots of walking. I will probably start a youtube video soon, so I will try to find some scientific research to back up all my findings

Oh that would be great!! You rock