Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ok, i need some help.

:think hey all. i have been around, just quiet. tricia k missed me, but noone else i guess. ((poor poor me))

i have not seen any change in inches or pounds since june 5. i am really ready to see some change. my calories are in the 800-1200 range daily. i am not exercising the way i should, and i don't want to get beat up for that. i know that i have to exercise. as long as i am losing weight, i am always able to find the motivation to exercise, but when i am seeing no difference, it makes me stop exercising.

i am tracking the calories on fitday. i have tried to allow all foods (within reason) in strict moderation. i guess that works for a little while, and maybe now i need to be stricter. i have had a REALLY hard time not drinking with meals. i feel choked if i dont drink. i don't feel restriction, but i do feel a little 'stuck' from time to time. i want to go for a fill, but if i go in and they tell me my restriction is where it should be, then it will just be another negative blow. my last fill was june 19, i am at 2.3/4cc.

ok, i could go on forever. i just need a little support.

any kind words? ((or tough love from vines?))

Sadly, you just have to keep plugging away at it. Its really hard. If you're sticking to that calorie level, I cant see that you'd need another fill - unless you're finding you're getting really hungry sticking to that? But you cant eat less than that.

Exercise is the key. It doesnt make the most amazing difference on the scales immediately but its so important over the longer term. You just have to be consistent at it, you'll find that you'll change shape even when you dont lose weight.

And perhaps shake up your food intake, six small meals a day? Just doing something different can help break a plateau.

Recently I've been eating very very little for dinner, a 200 calorie or less dinner, and eating more during the day and its very very easy (I'm not a nighttime eater) and the weight has started pouring off me again, its going down on the scales every single day at the moment.

thanks for your words. i will keep plugging away. i know how i feel at 180---i feel pretty derned good at 180. that is just 10 more lbs...and if i could just get ten more lbs off my behind, i know that i would be soooo happy and confident. someone would have to drag me off the treadmill.

I understand your frustration even though I'm losing I can emphasize with your dilemma. I always hated when people in the past told me to be patience and just give it time. I used to not mind to exercise or diet but hated the months and months of no results.

Since I've been banded and have a really tight fill (which I know isn't the healthiest thing to do) I'm finally losing and so happy about that. I've only been getting about 600 - 800 calories and have averaged about 1.5 pounds per week. They don't really come off 1.5 per week a lot of weeks it's zero or 1 - 2 pound gain and then 4 or 5 comes off in a week.

I don't have any advice to make it feel better for you but I wanted you to know I certainly feel for your dilemma and hope you find a way to over come it. Since you are smaller I think it takes a long time for the restriction to get just right.

Perhaps your calorie intake is too low? I don't go below 1200/day. I'm not preaching but I think trying to get some sort of exercise going may spark a boost in metabolism. That's what I'd try...eat a little more and exercise more, even if it's just walking around the block.

Hi, Minime

I know it's sooo hard at times, but it will help so much if you try not to compare yourself to others, and do the best you can do for yourself. Sometimes loss is slow, and that may turn out to be the best thing for you...I like the advice of just changing ONE thing. It's not hard to do, and just one little thing, done consistently, can make some big changes happen. See if that will shake something up!

Good luck, Cindy

i have really been pondering this for a couple of weeks. i think i may go in for a little bit of a fill, and if they won't fill me, maybe i can get some good guidance from them.

i am reading every response on here. i appreciate your support and/or advice.

Hey Mini Me, I can feel your pain. When I wsa on Atkins, I stalled out for about 3 months and it was pure hell.

I have "pauses" with the band. Here are some things I do that seem to help. If you're already doing them, then disregard - but if you aren't, maybe something to try?

Vary the types of foods I eat. This means if I'm predominantly high Protein, low carb, I'll switch to higher carb & fat for a day, to "change it up" a little.

Up my Protein. It's not doing anything this time, but during my other "pauses" if I upped my protein by about 30 - 40 gm weightloss would kick back in again.

Up my Water intake. For a few days I'll put on Water weight as my tissues become more saturated, but in a few days they release, and when things equalize I've lost fat pounds, too.

Focus on solid Proteins, e.g. bars over shakes, chicken over cottage cheese, etc. I do this normally, but I also do a lot of liquid Protein. It's helped to jump start the loss to eliminate the liquid Proteins for a few days.

Go on a liquid diet, like pre-op, just for 1 week. De-carb, de-tox.

I know you're going to hear this countless times, and I have to tell myself the same thing, but the scale will move again, and you just need to be more patient than it is stuck! :huggie:

Mini Me--

Just want to be your cheerleader!!!:clap2: You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't get discouraged....I agree w/ all the advice from Wheetsin....good advice!!!!

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -74lbs :huggie:

Everybody has already suggested what I was going to say. More protien is the main thing. I am in almost the same boat as you are. I haven't changed much lately. I seem to drop 4, gain 2, stay the same, etc. It is very frustrating!! I just wanted you to know I am cheering you on also.

Thinking of you. You can do it and so can I!!!

:huggie: :phanvan :huggie: :biggrin1: Yea!!!!

Hey mini me....I did notice that you weren't around...just didn't bring it up!!!

Sorry for the stall....no real words of wisdom other than to say I agree that you can't compare yourself to others and that there are going to be ups/downs and stalls....I've already experienced that myself. So much easier said than done, I know...but as Jachnut said...keep on pluggin' away and just keep the big picture in mind. There can be soooo many reasons for the stall....and who the heck knows which one is the right one for you...or which "answer" is right for you? Just keep at it and do the best you can, whatever that is and it is bound to change around!!!

Hang in there Mini Me! You can do this! I have been in a rut myself eating the same old thing and my weight loss slowing down to a crawl. I am so ready to be done with scale watching!