Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is day 15 for me and I just ate a CUP of soup..... what is wrong with me??? Is this normal? My scale has stopped moving for a few days now so I even went to the gym yesterday and today (light workout). The moment I ate mashed potatos it was over my body was like ohhhhh carbs!!!-No more weight loss for you! I am worried I am going to fail at this... can anyone else eat a cup of Soup at 15 days????? Thanks for your help.

You are COMPLETELY normal. You won't feel a lot of restriction (if any) with liquids.

All the diet plans seem to vary from surgeon to surgeon. Just follow the "rules" given to you and see what happens. You are closing into the 3 week stall that almost EVERYONE has. You will get through this!

I just had a cup of Unjury chicken Soup for lunch and I ate the whole thing, no problem, and I am 13 days out from my surgery. I am going to avoid carbs, because that is a very slippery slope that I just dont' want to get on, but I, like you, have no problem getting a lot of liquid in. I think we need to feel fortunate that it's going so well for us. :)

Yes, a cup of liquid (not necessarily puree or cream soups) anything goes down easily.

I remember in the hospital when they brought my first meal: good size bowl of broth, small juice, popsicle, Jello cup and I was thinking what on earth am I supposed to do with all this? All I'd ever heard was sip, sip, sip and don't ever take in more than 1oz at a time. Boy was I in for a surprise when the nurses were really irritated with me for not eating it all and not drinking the huge pitcher of ice Water they kept refilling! At home on Clear Liquids I'd usually fix myself a 16oz bowl of broth and sip it down slowly but I didn't have any trouble taking it in.

I had a stall in week three. It was also time for my period and every month, things seem to stop a week and a half before I get my period, then I start and drop 2-4 lbs over night and start inching down again from there.

Follow your the food plan, I didn't like the one I got from Dr. Aceves. I used one called Cornell for the sleeve, it worked for me. Plan what to eat and eat what you planned. I also kept a copy hung up and crossed off each day. It kept me motivated and on track. This is ilfestyle change. Your stomach has to heal you had surgery!

Best to you. (do not beat yourself up, I have had my fill with all the crazy diets I tried over the years)

I consider myself a retired dieter.

Dee

Plan what to eat and eat what you planned. Dee

I love this! Mind if I steal it for a tag line? I am the world's BEST PLANNER ... it's the eating what I wrote down that is the problem. :unsure:

It all yours!

Thanks!!!!

It all yours!