Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi yall im 4 weeks post op and was wondering if i can have a flour tortilla yet. It says i can have toast but im dieing for a soft taco! Lol :-)

It's probably not a good idea, but the only way to know for sure is to try a small piece and see how you do. I know many of us were told no carbs/starches at all but every Dr is different so you could also ask them. Maybe if you get a soft taco and just eat the guts you'll satisfy your craving?

I live in the land of tortillas (New Mexico..) and they are PAAACKED with carbs. I would not recommend a regular one. If you are totally jonesing for one, I'd recommend the "low" carb tortillas. And not too many.

See what the carb difference is between a flour and a corn one....

I brought some fresh home made tortilla's home from Mexico my family has been really enjoying them...but I am 4 weeks out and I have yet to be brave enough to try one....

I would say no. It says dry toast or crackers. I personally am almost 7 weeks out and have had very little carbs at all, maybe a bite or two of potatoes and maybe a piece of toast. I made tacos for the family the other day and made myself a tortilla-less taco, 2 spoons of refried Beans, spoon of taco meat, and cheese, tomatoes and onion, it was soooo good, I didnt miss the tortilla at all and I used to make the yummy fried ones! I never have room for any carbs anyway after eating my Protein and vegies.

I don't count carbs at all so it's not a carb thing that keeps me from eating them, they just don't set well with me. I am 9 months out and I still can't take but a bite of a flour tortillia without feeling like it is a lead ball in my stomach. Maybe toasted in the oven? that's what I do to crisp them up and make it easier to eat.

I think the best advice is too follow a food plan. I used the cornell sleeve plan got it off the web. No matter which one it will give you some structure. I know for me, given to my own devices when I was first sleeved I would have sabatoged myself.

Best to you no matter what you decide!

Dee

Flour tortillas are the gummiest stickiest foods around. I don't even do those and I'm way further out than you. When I do have breads I eat little tiny pieces of some whole grain thing.

Try a whole grain flat....I use Flatout flat bread. It's similar & I only use like 1/8 of a piece at a time. A much better option! GL!!

Thanks yall! I am gonna wait until after 7 weeks. After 7 weeks the book says its ok to eat regular foods.