Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heeeelllllppppp The Scale Wont Move

Hi every one im new here and newely sleeved. I had my surgery on March 15, 2012 since my surgery I have only lost 6lbs I have been eating Protein and exercising but it seems that its all worthless this is crazy I lost weight faster on adipex. Is there a way to jumpstart my weight loss again?

Wow congrats on your 6 Lbs!! Thats awesome!! Also, welcome to the losers bench. :)

Yes, welcome! There's plenty of room here with all these shrinking waists!

I'm compelled to refer you back to one of my previous posts regarding your stall. I hope it's helpful!

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/32956-the-scale-is-broken-a-story-about-stalls/page__fromsearch__1

There's really nothing you can to eat healthy meaning, Protein and a lot of Water to stay hydrated. It will come off, just give it time, meanwhile relax and enjoy the changes that are taking place right now. It will happen. CONGRATS! ;)

You are averaging about 1/2 pound a day. That's about 15 pounds a month. If you keep up this average you could lose 180 pounds in a year. With sleeving, it is much less likely that you will put it back on.

It WILL come off!!

Check out LilMissDiva's pictures up there.

See what I mean?

No worries! :)

Dr gave me a heads up and and said you won't loose this huge amount after surgery that people expect since your still swollen and your body is adjusting. Your almost two weeks out keep up the good work it will come... And Congrats!!!!!

I HIGHLY recommend you read Lilee's post!!! It's AWESOME encouragement for the stalled!!

I had that issue and I was retaining water...any chance that is the case for you?

Congrats on your weight loss... Keep following the plan and the weight will come off!!! Remember stress is counterproductive!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Do the math; your body cannot hold on to the weight for long.....you are taking in far less calories than you were pre-surgery, but your body has gone through a lot and there is retention, swelling, and your insides are screaming....WTH????? But it WILL come off and STAY off. Be patient, and in the meantime, 6 lbs in 12 days is fantastic. I'll bet your next post will be an exciting one.....and BTW, at 5 months post op I am 20 lbs from goal and losing 1 lb a week and am THRILLED with that rate of loss. It could be 1/2 a lb a week at this point and I would be happy.....it took me 57 years to get to the point where I was 223 lbs, and now I can live a normal, wonderful, healthy life without feeling deprived, but yet the weight comes off. By the time I reach goal, at this rate, it will have been a year since I was sleeved; and wow, what a GREAT year!!!! Stay positive and you'll continue on a fabulous new adventure......just think, if you hadn't had surgery you might have GAINED another 6 lbs!!!

Hi!

Definitely take the time to read LiLee's post. Also, you are so not alone. I was sleeved on 3/12 and I am stalled as well. It happens. I wish I would've measured myself sooner to compare befores and afters. I knew from reading posts that my weight loss would stop, but I still feel discouraged. I know I shouldn't feel that way but I do. I think it's normal to feel a little worried/ preoccupied/ frustrated.

We will get through the dreaded stall!

I have so much anxiety attached to this topic of stalls. I realize I need to just sit back and honor my body and it's current weight. If I do stay at this weight, then maybe it's just ment to be. I know I will get to goal soon or maybe later. But after all, I didn't gain the weight this fast. When I heard from my surgeon's office that we would loose 1 to 2 lbs per week, I was disappointed. But it's all good. I love my new bod and I'm getting use to my eating routine. I will keep eating healthy, Protein first, veggies, some fat and some starches. ;)

Well finally the scale started to move a little bit yay, down another 2lb in the last 3 days and wow I just found out my feet are getting smaller too lol I didnt even take my feet into account

Well finally the scale started to move a little bit yay, down another 2lb in the last 3 days and wow I just found out my feet are getting smaller too lol I didnt even take my feet into account