Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, i thought one of the pros of the sleeve was the hunger being gone!!! Not so, is it because i am on only liquids?

How far out are you? I am six weeks today, and I have been very hungry lately. I thought I was going nuts, then yesterday I was told that it takes a couple months or so for the Grehlin (hunger hormone) to completely leave the body. As weird as hormones are, I believe it. I cling to this hope that the hunger WILL be gone soon. The good thing is....if we go crazy on some binge...it can only last a couple minutes! ;)

The hunger is not going away. At least in my case lol. Maybe you could be different . I do get hungry like 2-3 hours after I eat. When you start your mushies it will be a bit different too,the good news is that with small amounts of foods you will be full :) is the Protein Shakes helping a little? When I was on my post op liquid diet I ate a lot SG Jello and pudding as well as Protein shakes and SF popsicles ,. It will get easier as soon as you start eating some "real" food

You are so cute, Dooter!!! :) I hope it ends quickly for you guys. I am not looking forward to that. I am tired of being hungry. I am on day 13 of the 2 week liquid diet. It is a constant nagging, as I am sure you both well know! :)

I am 11 weeks and five days out and I have to say the hunger thing has left the building. I really didn’t think that would happen to me because at first right after the sleeve I wanted food and odd things for me that is . I really cant believe how free I now feel. The hunger, thoughts about food when to eat what to eat how much to eat has really left me. I hope it stays this way and I to hope for you this will happen. I know we are all different and our weight loss will go at different rates to so try not to compare yourself with other to much so that you wont get discouraged. One day, one hour or one min at a time and we will get to our happy place.

I was much hungrier, and more often, when I was on Clear Liquids. Now I'm on full liquids (and occasionally a bit of mushies) and I've noticed that I get hungry less often. The thing about grehlin taking time to leave the body totally makes sense, too.

Thanks all of you!! I was feeling like I'm gonna feel the same as before the surgery!!!! I was told I had an overabundance of ghrelin but I thought it would be gone as soon as the glands were removed!! So glad I found this site, that totally makes sense about it taking awhile to completely leave your system.....kinda like when u geld a colt, testosterone actually surges even tho the "glands" have been removed lol. I have horses if u couldn't tell lol. I do have crazy cravings to that I never had before but before if I wanted it I ate it.......big change for me now lol. weird as it may seem, if I drink a little dill Pickle Juice it stops my cravings.......

Thanks all of you!! I was feeling like I'm gonna feel the same as before the surgery!!!! I was told I had an overabundance of ghrelin but I thought it would be gone as soon as the glands were removed!! So glad I found this site, that totally makes sense about it taking awhile to completely leave your system.....kinda like when u geld a colt, testosterone actually surges even tho the "glands" have been removed lol. I have horses if u couldn't tell lol. I do have crazy cravings to that I never had before but before if I wanted it I ate it.......big change for me now lol. weird as it may seem, if I drink a little dill pickle juice it stops my cravings.......

Ha! My book from the doc actually says that vinegar helps with cravings!! That's funny that you went there. It's like you knew or something.... ;)

Ha! My book from the doc actually says that vinegar helps with cravings!! That's funny that you went there. It's like you knew or something.... ;)

Serious??? Well it def helped!! This morning tho I have this heaviness in my chest every time I breathe- I just realized I have been drinking Water from a straw in my cup tho- u think any correlation there? I remember at the hospital they said no straws while I was in the hospital-- my kids are eating pizza in my suburban right now an I am whping the drool off my phone so sorry if there are some major typos:( lol

At two years out, I do experience hunger now. When I first had surgery, I would sometimes forget to eat because I had no hunger signal. Now, I do - but very different than before. I get a tired/weak feeling or maybe my stomach will growl. It is very important to figure out (the earlier the better) the difference in your head hunger vs your real hunger!

How do u figure that out?

How do u figure that out?

It's not easy ... I charted everything I ate at the beginning. If I was feeling hungry, I looked at what I had eaten that day. Then, I carefully considered whether I "should" be hungry. Had I had enough Protein? Was I really craving a certain thing (if it was a craving for something like chocolate, probably head hunger)? Had it been too long since I had eaten? Etc.

It takes a while, but you will figure out what true hunger is for you. And sometimes, it's ok to give into a craving. Track what you ate & see how it impacts you. If a little bite was all you wanted & it didn't get in the way of your calorie, carb, or Protein goals, GO FOR IT! I do that with my white wine today. I love to end the evening with a small glass. I plan for it & it's my little "indulgence".

I had surgery on a Monday and started feeling hungry on Friday or Saturday. I was really ready for full liquids! Now, almost 3 months post-op I'm sort-of only hungry when I don't have enough to do and I'm thinking about food. I do try to eat on a regular schedule because that helps me avoid snacking.