Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 days banded as of this morning.

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad I've found this place. After reading through, I guess I'm quite luky, as my insurance has paid 99% of this, there was a 500.00 fee from the hospital, not quite sure what it was for. I had my band implanted last Wensday evening, Brigham & Woman's Hospital, Boston MA- Dr. Ashley Vernon is my surgeon. They scheduled me for 2 pm, I didn't go into surgery until 6 pm. Never having had surgery before, I was a nervous wreck. Plus, I sent my husband home, because he is high maintenance. So I waited alone. The post op team was great, nurses on the floor were fine, but, I wish they had forced me to spend one more night in the hospital, as my first night home was not great. My discharge instructions said to make a follow up with her in 1-2 weeks, but by the time I called yesterday, I can't see her until the 28th of August!! These are busy people.

I went there originally determined to have the bypass, and they convinced me to do the banding, I think because I'm only 110 pounds overweight, they think that the safer route is better for me. I hope to find support here, maybe give some support, and need help with recovery and what kind of excercises I can do to help shrink my skin so that plastic surgery isn't such a big deal (frightened about that too) - so hello to everyone

Caroline

260 looking to be 150

Hello Caroline, congratulations, its all the way downhill from now on..LOL

As far as the skin goes, I can not speak highly enough about emu oil. Yes pure emu oil, get some and after a shower or bath, rub it in well, it will take a few minutes to soak up, but your skin will be great and it helps with scars and the skin elasticity. I had about the same as you to loose and have lost about 88 pounds and have not contoured too badly. My tummy is a bit loose, but hey I didnt set out to be a super model..lol. Try it if you can, I think you'll be impressed

Hello Caroline, congratulations, its all the way downhill from now on..LOL

As far as the skin goes, I can not speak highly enough about emu oil. Yes pure emu oil, get some and after a shower or bath, rub it in well, it will take a few minutes to soak up, but your skin will be great and it helps with scars and the skin elasticity. I had about the same as you to loose and have lost about 88 pounds and have not contoured too badly. My tummy is a bit loose, but hey I didnt set out to be a super model..lol. Try it if you can, I think you'll be impressed

Thanks,

I will try and get some of this emu oil, do I have to go online? or is it at GNC or some health food stores?

all the best,

Caroline

Hi Caroline, I was banded on Friday of last week. I'm doing well. The only complaints I have, which are minor are that I'm feeling pretty hungry and am having some stabbing pain when I take a deep breath. It seems to be only on my left side and sometimes I feel it up around my left collar bone or heart area. It also is very painful to cough or sneeze. I consider all of these "complaints" no-big-deal and a small price to pay.

What have you been eating? The shakes are starting to gross me out, so I've been the Jello queen. I had some Soup broth tonight because I'm so hungry and was dying for something hot in my belly! I don't feel like I've lost any wieght yet - do you? I have about 70 pounds to lose total, but I know that after just 30 or 40 I will feel like a NEW WOMAN !!

Let's try to stay in touch since we were banded about the same time. I'm in Mass too, not the same hosp or Doc though.

TAKE GOOD CARE !!

Hi Caroline, I was banded on Friday of last week. I'm doing well. The only complaints I have, which are minor are that I'm feeling pretty hungry and am having some stabbing pain when I take a deep breath. It seems to be only on my left side and sometimes I feel it up around my left collar bone or heart area. It also is very painful to cough or sneeze. I consider all of these "complaints" no-big-deal and a small price to pay.

Let's try to stay in touch since we were banded about the same time. I'm in Mass too, not the same hosp or Doc though.

TAKE GOOD CARE !!

Hi Sweet Caroline,

First, best advice I got about the pain is hold a firm pillow next to your body when you lie down or sit up, somehow it helps. Yes, you feel like a pincushion, but every day it gets a little better. Coughing was tough for me and had to take some extra pain meds to get through it. Try to take slow walks. Like a 1/2 mile, flat, and really slow. Then you will be tired. I take a shower and I'm tired. The PA from Brigham called today and she advised me that I should do one thing that is strenous ( like walking) per day, until I feel up to doing more. We are recovering and not expected to run a marathon. The pain in your collar bone, ect.. is from all the carbon dioxide they pumped into you during surgery,( my PA said to try Gas X strips) it has to leave and mine has been heading south, (really embararassing).

food. Really cold Slim Fast Optima, freeze you glass if you have to, it will keep it cold for 45 minuts. Crystal light is OK, and yes, I've become the Jello queen as well.You can have fat free chicken broth, and lots of Jello, just make sure you give yourself some viarety - But just think, next week we can go to baby food!!

I'm not complaining, but I think they (the doctors) should have given us the real skinny on recovery, I had never spent the night in a hospital, or had someone cut me open - Even is it is little stab marks. Would love to chat more

Caroline

I am a newbie to this board. Just lurking and reading to decide if I am going to go lap-band. Will be reading your posts closely in an effort to learn.