Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

life after meeting target

hello has any one been told that they need further ops like a Tummy Tuck and other things after reaching there target weight. i have alot of loose skin remaing after my weight loss and its becoming very uncomftable, so im now waiting 4 a referal 2 plastic surgery. would be nice 2 hear from others that have had a tummy tuck following lap band surgery :) :) :)

Hello Sugarplum!

I am at goal, and am having a Tummy Tuck Tuesday the 15th of August (next week - eek!). I doubt that I will have anything more than the TT done, but you never know. I carried most of my weight in my mid section, and as a result, my belly looks much like a deflated balloon. So under the knife I go!

I'm interested to see the responses here. I too carry most my weight in my stomach and I'm VERY AFRAID of having to have another surgery. I'm a big baby. I'd like to hear from those of you that had the Tummy Tuck done...how painful it was etc...

Hi Sugarplum,

I had a TT last year after losing more than 150 lbs. I did not carry my weight in my stomach though and they removed 3 lbs of excess skin and 1-2 pound of redundant skin from my thighs that kept getting infected. IT is very painful to have a medial thighplasty and the Tummy Tuck was no joy either. But just like having a baby, you soon forget about the pain. I am happy with my flat tummy, but I definitely wouldnt do the thighs again.

Babs in TX

334/180 ish

-150 ish

BBrecruiter - would you feel comfortable posting pics of any scarring you have fromthe TT? Since it's been a while I for one would love to see how it looks after healing. I saw photos of a recent TT and it turned me off from teh idea of ever having it done....If you can share, I would be grateful...I'm sure it would help others too.

Hi, Why was the thighs worse than the TT? I carry my weight in my butt, thighs and legs. My tummy not so much. I am a huge pear.

There are lots of stories, including mine, on the Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery thread right here on this forum. (Go back to the Main Board for the link .;) )

You can check out some "TT After LapBand" anecdotes and other pre-op patients questions.

I actually had a Tummy Tuck preband 4 years ago. I had a huge pouch from two difficult pregancies in which I gained 60 pounds (and never lost).

They took 5 pounds of tissue and another 5 pounds of fat lipo'd. I'm not gonna lie... childbirth was easier. If you have a tt take whatever pain killers you can get and take them at the prescribed time before the pain comes. If you wait you will be playing catch-up with the pain and it is uncomfortable. I slept in the recliner for a week because I could'nt stretch out enough to lay down and for the same reason walked hunched over for 5 days. I felt well enough to send my mom home after 7 days (my youngest was just one year old) and was back to housework at day 10.

So, four years later I'm banded and ready to get rid of the 60 pounds. And although I started at 213, my stomach is totally flat. So I'm just thick and no longer have the pouch. And after I lose 60 pounds, if there is extra skin... I'll do it all over again! (actually hubby said the lapband is my last elective surgery! he may think differently after my C cup turns into flapjacks!)

I actually had a Tummy Tuck preband 4 years ago. I had a huge pouch from two difficult pregancies in which I gained 60 pounds (and never lost).

They took 5 pounds of tissue and another 5 pounds of fat lipo'd. I'm not gonna lie... childbirth was easier. If you have a tt take whatever pain killers you can get and take them at the prescribed time before the pain comes. If you wait you will be playing catch-up with the pain and it is uncomfortable. I slept in the recliner for a week because I could'nt stretch out enough to lay down and for the same reason walked hunched over for 5 days. I felt well enough to send my mom home after 7 days (my youngest was just one year old) and was back to housework at day 10.

So, four years later I'm banded and ready to get rid of the 60 pounds. And although I started at 213, my stomach is totally flat. So I'm just thick and no longer have the pouch. And after I lose 60 pounds, if there is extra skin... I'll do it all over again! (actually hubby said the lapband is my last elective surgery! he may think differently after my C cup turns into flapjacks!)

Thanks for that Stef. I am going in next week for my TT. This gives me hope that my house will not fall apart under dh's supervision :clap2: