Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you all hear that Carnie Wilson is going to get the lap band??? She had gastric bypass years ago and lost a ton of weight, then got pregnant and has gained a lot back and now is going to have the lap band. I didn't know this was possible. I guess it will tighten her bypass?? interesting...http://omg.yahoo.com/news/carnie-wilson-undergoes-second-weight-loss-surgery-191200074.html

I dont understand why she just didnt have a revision GBP...the lapband isnt the answer for anything...it will fail.

Shame,i feel so sorry for her.She is so beautiful.

xxo

She had it already on Jan 18th and reportedly has lost something like 32#. That is actually good for the LB, but I doubt she will maintain this.... I hope she can.

Did you all hear that Carnie Wilson is going to get the lap band??? She had gastric bypass years ago and lost a ton of weight, then got pregnant and has gained a lot back and now is going to have the lap band. I didn't know this was possible. I guess it will tighten her bypass?? interesting...http://omg.yahoo.com...-191200074.html

I also feel sorry for her but like they say, it is only a tool and you need to be strong enough to change your eating habits and keep up the exercise. I hate it when people use pregnancy and an excuse for weight gain. Yes, you do gain weight but you can keep that to a minimum if you eat correctly... not for two! I only gained 25 lbs with my pregnancy and he was 10 lbs!! I was also 200 lbs when I got pregnant so I wasnt slim. I was in my regular clothes the next week. I know everyone is different, some have bed rest and all but I feel exxesive weight gain with a pregnancy is completely avoidable if you work at it. Best of luck to you Carnie!

my surgeon persuaded me to have the sleeve instead of the lapband

The way so many people on this board talk about the bad effects of the lap band - then changing to the sleeve, for physical reasons, or the band just wasn't that successful - it sounds to me that the band is on its way out the door, and might become extinct one day,. Does anyone else have the same thoughts?

just wondering

kathy

The thing about people that had surgeries is they dont seem to realize they still have the porcedure in place and they can again follow the rules and lose weight....maybe with a good therapist,but I believe it is possible.All that the weight gain means is that you are practicing the old habits of your before surgery days.

Still,I pray I never lose control to the point of allowing myself to gain that much before I catch myself and stop myself.I am reall praying that.

xxo

I don't know if the band is becoming a thing of the past or not. I only know one person whose been banded, which is my cousin and she has done wonderful with hers. It's been about a year since her surgery and she says that it's the best choice she's ever made. She's lost over 75lbs (over 100 if you count her pre-op diet). But she works at it, she has made the progress she has because she knows how to use her tool, and she works at it. I also know several people whose had the bypass (I don't personally know anyone whose had the sleeve..I may be the first in my group). Those who have had the bypass has also done amazing!

You know the one thing I've learned since starting to research WLS and the different kinds of WLS is how it's a tool, it's not a fix. You have to work with it! Change your life style, make healthier choices, workout, get out there and move! You just can't sit back and do nothing, and expect long term, ever lasting results. Yes you may have results at first, but eventually things balance out and you can and WILL gain back weight if you don't WORK at it! I am so happy to know this, because probably like many people, and lord knows our society, I thought at one time that WLS was a cure, a fix, the easy way out. I know I know, but I've learned that..that is not the case and I'm thankful for that!

my surgeon persuaded me to have the sleeve instead of the lapband

The way so many people on this board talk about the bad effects of the lap band - then changing to the sleeve, for physical reasons, or the band just wasn't that successful - it sounds to me that the band is on its way out the door, and might become extinct one day,. Does anyone else have the same thoughts?

just wondering

kathy

This is so weird. Going from a GB to a LB is different. I guess it can be done. But what about just going back to basics? That sounds so much more easy. ;)

I think Carnie is an amazing, beautiful woman! Whatever it takes for her to be happy with herself is what she needs to do. I'm not sure what the options are after a GB, but maybe the LB in combination works better than doing a sleeve. Maybe a sleeve isn't possible because of the GB?

I wish her luck, whichever way she gets to her goals.

My sleeve surgeon said they now only take bands out,they dont put any in anymore and that his experience now after 10 years shows him that it will have a 100 persent failure rate.

Anyhoo,we are all desperate enough to do something drastic,she must be too.

xxo

Someone else posted something about this last night also. I commented on that thread too but I'm gonna say it again. I may be more sensitive to the subject or sympathetic to her situation idk. Bcuz my mom also had GB & gained back a lot of her weight. But let us remember that we are not done with our journeys some of us are just getting started & until you walk a day in someone else's shoes you have no idea what they have been thru. Everyone is different!!! "JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED!!!"-Matthew 7.

I just didn't know this couuld be done! I wish her all the best!