Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here...

Hi all--I was "banded" on July 19/06 in Moncton NB by Dr. Beausoleil. I live in Fredericton (a 2-hour drive from Miramichi:p--I was reading messages from Argon--I'm a life-long resident of NB, and I don't say "Walmaret" and I don't drive a care:D). So far, so good. I am feeling amazingly well, except for the pesky hunger and my craving of all foods solid...I don't ever want to eat broth again...but I suppose I'll have to. And that case of peach Resource I bought leers at me from the refrigerator every time I open it YUCK.

I get my staples out in two days (YAY) and get a fill in about 3 more wks...about the time I was told I could get back solid food...an evil trick I think, because don't I have to "eat" liquids again for a few days after a fill?

Anyway, I am excited to be starting this journey and thrilled that the lap band will not only help me take off pounds, but THIS time, help me KEEP off the pounds I lose and the many extra pounds that always accompany the ones I lost in the first place!

~Deb

Welcome Deb! Congratulations on your band. Are you doing mushies now, or still liquids? Won't be long and you'll be knawing on steak, LOL.

Keep in touch!!

Thanks for the welcome! I have one week and one-and-one half more days on "thicker" liquids. I started out with 2 wks Clear Liquids. I can't wait to graduate to two weeks of mushies. But I'm impatient--I really am excited to get the fill and get this show on the road!

Welcome to the Canuck Threads, Deb.

Maybe you can provide some info to Argon so that your Dr. WILL give her a fill???

Argon....this is the same Dr. that ridiculously enough, said no? Isn't it?

I'm sure my surgeon is the same one who said "no" to Argon's fills. He is the only surgeon doing the laparascopic WLS in the Atlantic provinces. It took me a long time, more than 2 years, to get the surgery--the wait for an RNY is even longer. From what I've read on the internet in other sites, he does not do fills for people who had their surgeries elsewhere. It's all he can do to keep up with his own patients. It doesn't seem fair, I know, but I can see his point of view. I wonder if one can go to Maine and get a fill? Costly, I imagine! I've read posts from a woman, I think from NS, and her husband does her fills for her at home--but they're both paramedics. Another woman in NS drives to Ontario for fills--a long haul for a quick procedure!

~Deb

Hey Deb!

Uh oh... I'm busted! You can make fun of me... apparently westerners say "Really!?" alot ! LOL

Do you think I could sneak into your fill appointment, and pretend to be you? heehee Have you read my posts about my ordeal with Dr. Beausoleil? Uggggg...

Yoda, yup, he's the guy... *smacks fist into hand* LOL

Just kiddin' Deb... I'm sure he's an awesome guy, and has his reasons, but I just don't get 'em.

Anyways, it's awesome that you're here, Deb. Welcome, again!

Mandi

Hi Mandi,

I thought it was funny, the stuff about the way them there Miramichiers talks, ya know, eh?

It does suck that Dr. B won't do the fills--but I cannot believe how busy it is there. You said he does other fills for patients who were not originally his? That doesn't seem fair! Hopefully, other surgeons around here will train to do these surgeries and open other clinics. Doesn't help you right now, though :cry--Calgary is a ridiculously long way to go!!!!!!

Anyway, thanks for the welcome. SUPPER time, woo HOO:hungry:

~Deb

Realistically, I dooo understand why he won't do them (tho, yes it is unfair he does them on some and not on others....).....however THAT being said...if his practice is THAT busy and he can't keep up even with his own patients (which will expand as he does more and more surgeries) there are other alternatives that he should be considering in order to meet the demand (again, even of only his patients) and to keep up with the increasing demand and provide customer service (incl fills for other patients).....it seems to me to be the professional thing to do.

As an example, the docs at TLBC were getting overwhelmed with fills....so they hired 2 nurses just to do fills; taught them how etc....so now there is always a nurse avail to do fills....yet the docs are there should a problem arise.

I dunno...just my two cents worth...if you have a problem...fix it. He should consider "fixing" it.

LOL, Poor Deb, Ya shoulda said your Dr. was someone else. We are all going to hold YOU personally responsible for argon not getting her fill..LOL..na, not really.. Welcome again!!