Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you doing Weight Watchers?

I have been attending WW for 8 years. I have maintained a 70 weight loss by going weekly. Since the band on 7/19/06, I have lost an additional 24 pounds bringing my total to 94 pounds. I cannot wait to get to 100. My leader knows but I have not shared with the group. I haven't counted points as I am more concerned with getting in my Protein at this point. I will stay with WW in addition to attending some of the meetings sponsered by my doctors' group.

I joined WW today (for the 2nd time in my life). I love the leader, so I am bound and determined to stick with it this time. My first leader did nothing, but talk about herself and her family, and criticize you if you gained an ounce.

I am hoping the weekly meetings and points will make me more accountable for my weight loss between doctor's visits.

Haven't decided if I want to do the Points or the Core plan, but am leaning more towards the Points since I love numbers! Any suggestions? Pros/Cons for either of them?

I joined WW last week and had my first official weigh in on Tuesday and I lost 6.4 lbs, the points system is very easy to do, I was so suprised. I am trying to lose an additional 30 lbs that I did not lose with my band since it eroded and I do not want to gain the 100 lbs I lost with my band back..the weekly weigh in keep me accountable and that is what I need right now.

I joined WW today (for the 2nd time in my life). I love the leader, so I am bound and determined to stick with it this time. My first leader did nothing, but talk about herself and her family, and criticize you if you gained an ounce.

I am hoping the weekly meetings and points will make me more accountable for my weight loss between doctor's visits.

Haven't decided if I want to do the Points or the Core plan, but am leaning more towards the Points since I love numbers! Any suggestions? Pros/Cons for either of them?

Hmmmm, I haven't done WW for years. What's the core plan?

My plan was to get banded because I was such a failure at WW and all the other millions of diets I had been on. Go figure

I live in a remote area north of Toronto in Ontario Canada. We don't have anything like WW within our reach. I own a small lady's fitness centre based on the Curves concept. This year I want to change the fitness centre to be a weight loss centre as well. I worked with a dietician to put together a sensible simple program promoting weight loss. I want to operate it similar to WW.

I have great faith in the plan, however....I'm not sure what to charge....could you guys help me out and let me know what you pay for WW......are meetings paid in advance....ie: 6 meeting fees at once????...somebody else mentioned this to me.

Also....what would you, as a member attending meetings, like to see in your leader? What topics would you like covered at the meetings? What information would you like to receive at the meetings? How long should the meetings be?

I would really appreciate your help with this........I want this to be affordable and effective for my members.

Thanks, Carol

The core plan is a list of certain healthy foods that you can eat as much of till satisfied. The key is till satisfied...which never worked for me before the band...lol. You still get 35 flex points for treats and things that aren't on the list. Hope this helps.

My suggestion would be to go to www.weightwatchers.com and join as an at home member. Here you will learn the program and take from it what you can use in yours. I have found that using their cookbooks is very useful in preparing meals at home. Topics might include portion sizes, dining out, feeling good about oneself etc. If you do go on line you will become very familiar with the program. I used to count points as it gave me guidelines to follow and restriction on portion sizes. Good luck. I'm surprised that there is no WW near you as they are world wide.

Thanks for the quick info. The closet WW is 1/2 hour away...which doesn't seem like a long way to drive, but we have bad winters up here for snow and icy road conditions so for almost 4 months no one will drive that distance unless they absolutely have to.

Carol

Before I got the band I was at ww. I lost 40 lbs in a yr and was ok with that. I loved my leader, she was so funny and made the meetings so much fun. I really miss her. I would like to go back just to hear her. The meetings change in price due to special promotions that they have. Last time I went I was paying $12. Now, I think it is going for $15 a week. For that extra $48 a mo I might wait until my dr bills are paid.

Diane

I too have started WW today. I'm doing the points system. I'm allowed 28 points a day with an additional 35 bonus points to do with whatever I please whether it be on a couple of days that I went over on my points or should I choose to save them until a cheat day. Does anyone know how many calories it is allowing me to take in based on my 28 points?

Oh, if you do decide to do WW, and visit their online message boards, I would not mention that you have the band. I have never seen an online community more against any type of WLS then they are. They will absolutely slam you for even mentioning it there.

HA! That sounds like fun. Got a link?

I believe each point is worth approximately 50 calories, therefore, 28 points is 1400 calories per day. Good luck. I should follow my own advice. I'm struggling right now but not gaining back. Well, 1 up, 1 down... but holding.

Do you think a 1400 calorie diet per day with WW is too many as a banded diet?

No.. you should still lose weight. The only thing to watch out for is pouch packing... I'd avoid that. If you can eat all of your points, great. If not, don't push yourself.

I've done WW on and off with my Band and have loved it. The Band has made sticking to the points do-able. It still provides accountability and weight loss. I usually go by what WW recommends for points, but don't push it. I usually do not need my Flex points, though.