Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Extra Oily Skin Post-Op

I've been experiencing SUPER oily skin on my face for the past 6-8 weeks... I thought it was just the initial after surgery shock or something... but it's not going away... I usuallly have normal to dry skin... but now, even oil control make up/powder isn't helping...

Any changes to your skin since early pre-op?? Any suggestions about the oiliness?? All of my pictures look like I'm bathed in baby oil.. HELP!!!

I'm having a little of this issue too. Not cool to break out at 39.

Oh this sucks!!

I have majorly oily skin already, I live in a humid area and work in a kitchen so by the end of the day I look like a melted pot of oil :unsure: I hope this doesn't get too bad!

I also have noticed that I got oily skin after the surgery. Does anyone know why? Its driving me crazy to wash my face a couple times a day.

Me too..already had oily..and pcos and since went off the pill prior to surgery its much worse .I ordered some oily skin care products from arbonne...should be here end of the week. Hope they help.

I'm having the opposite issue. My skin is so dry it's literally flaking off in some areas! I'm getting in all my fluids, so I don't get it! I've never had dry skin in my life & its super sensitive so every moisturizer I've tried has given me acne. I'm 36, acne....really?!??

Kayte, have you tried Aveeno products? They are pretty pricey, but have never made my ultra acne prone sensitive break out!

Kayte, have you tried Aveeno products? They are pretty pricey, but have never made my ultra acne prone sensitive break out!

I haven't tried them but I've been interested in trying the positively radiant. What kind do you recommend? Thanks for the suggestion!!

Platinumlabz has a terrific product for oily skin. You have to go to their website. I think my last bottle costed around 18 bucks. But does it work. Hell yes. It comes in a neon blue bottle with a black cap. Its not a commercial product and is catered toward bodybuilders that have acne issues

Btw everyone, I used to have suuuuper oily skin which would result in that painful underground acne sometimes. I bought Proactive & my skin got completely normal with no more acne. I've just started using it again since the moisturizers I've tried have made my skin go nuts. It really has been a life changer for me!!

Kayte, I have tried the positively radiant, but I am too oily for it. It might work well for you. I am currently using their Active Naturals moisturizer and I like it a lot.

Kayte, I have tried the positively radiant, but I am too oily for it. It might work well for you. I am currently using their Active Naturals moisturizer and I like it a lot.

Alright sister, I'm going to try it....I'll let you know if I radiate or break out like a 13-year-old ;)