Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been lurking on this very motivational and informational forum since I've started this process in September. Tomorrow is my final pre-op appointment before my surgery on March 26th. I'll get the final paperwork started, 3D white light scanning and getting started on my pre-surgery liquid diet.

I'm 6' 2". My heaviest ever was 388. I started weight management at 374. After months of diet-slipping, I've still lost twelve pounds (362). So, I assume my surgery weight will be around 357. I don't really have a number goal, but I eventually want to fit comfortably into a Medium tee and wear a 34 or 36 jeans.

I'm pretty nervous about the procedure. I've never done anything this extreme. I just hope I don't have any complications. I trust the process, so I'm not afraid of not losing weight. But I think I'm most worried about never finally being okay with my body. Even after maybe losing 150 pounds, will I accept myself? Feel that I look good, or at least good enough? Or am I only going to be happy once I get skin removal surgery? Then I'll have scars to work about... -endless cycle-

So, I'll post on here to give me something to do while in the hospital and to get some sort of documentation of my "journey".

Oh, when those first pounds come off..you'll think you're the hottest thing walkin'!! ;) I've only lost 40 and it's exciting to see my waistline reappear! You WILL be happy and you WILL accept yourself when you start feeling so energetic and fitting into smaller clothes!! Who is your surgeon? I traveled to Dallas for my surgery. Don't be nervous. (you will though) Everything will be fine. We all had the jitters pre op. :)

Congratulations!! I think if you view this as a journey you are on you will find that little by little you will become more comfortable with your body. It is going to be life changing. I felt the same way you did...like it was such an extreme thing to do. but now I can't get over how extreme the changes are in my life!! I am truly happy for you and what is going to be coming your way!

It's a been long day, but I've received my liquid diet and finished my pre-anesthesia clinic. Now just more waiting. I can already feel how tough this liquid diet is going to be. I was dieting before with salads and Subway, but when I'm hungry, I'll have to hope these Protein shakes can satisfy me enough for the next six days.

I am truly happy for you and what is going to be coming your way!

Thanks! I checked out your blog and your video. You've got a very inspiring story to share. Hope mine will be as uplifting.

You WILL be happy and you WILL accept yourself when you start feeling so energetic and fitting into smaller clothes!! Who is your surgeon?

I'm definitely looking forward to getting out to the mall after a few months and trying new things. My surgeon is Sheilendra Mehta, working out of the U. of Texas Minimally Invasive Surgeons of Texas. They've been a good group to work with.