Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Cancelled

My surgery date was August 7, 2006 but now it is cancelled.:cry I got a call on Friday morning at 11am stating the doctor was not feeling well. They are gonna try to reschedule my surgery but they don't know when. Maybe August 10 or 11, or maybe August 28, 2006. I am so disappointed. I finally came to turns with the surgery and now this. I am self pay so I have paid the surgeron and just this morning I went and got the cashier's check for the surgery center. Now no surgery date. I have a $9200.00 cashier's check made out to the surgery center and I don't even no when or if I will get to have the surgery.

I made all the arrangements for work and now this. I am on call 24 hours a day Monday thur Friday and every 3rd weekend so this has really messed my schedule up. I don't know if I will be able to find some to cover for me because they may have vacations planned. I am also on schedule to be on call the Labor Day Weekend :cry .

I will have to wait until Monday to find out when they will be able to do surgery. I know they couldn't help this but I just had everything in place for Mondayk. Plus I have travel plans to Las Vegas on September 28, 2006 and I was hoping to be healed and eating by then:mad: So now I must wait on the surgeon's office to call and let me know if it will be August 10 or 11 or August 28. If it is August 28 I will have to make a decision to have or not to have.

This is a roller coaster ride for sure. The surgeron office called again. The surgery is off until September 6 2006. He is very ill. Is this gonna ever happen. Maybe this is a sign that this surgery is not meant to be or not me....... 2 cancelled surgeries in less than a week. :faint:

I agree that you want your surgeon to be 100%. Have you thought about stashing the check (someplace VERY safe) until after the Vegas trip, and rescheduling for your off time then? In the grand scheme of things, the extra month won't be a big deal. You could have your "last supper" in Vegas at some big ol' buffet!!! You need to go intothe surgery, ready to let your body heal, not rushing it to make your trip more fun. You have the money, you found the best site around for banders....and we will all be here in September too! Relax, and for now practice eating like a bandster, and enjoy your trip, this will give you time to make new arrangements at work, so you won't be full of stress for it. I am so sorry it happened like this for you. But I am glad you are not going to be sick in the hospital, from something you could have caught from your surgeon! Good Luck to you!!!

Kat

wow bummer I am so sorry,,,,,,,if he did it on Sept 6th 3 weeks later would be your vegas trip.......and you should be back on real food by then I am sure you will feel good...... Even if it is still mushys trust me I live here in Vegas they have all kinds of food......I think the 6th will still be ok........

Thanks everyone. After a night of sleeping on it I am just gonna wait and see what happens with the September 6, 2006 date. I can't eat much anyway when I go to Las Vegas for this certain event because I am too nervous. As long as I can get Water and Protein down I should be ok.

If the September 6, 2006 date doesn't happen then I will believe that this surgery is not meant to be. At least not now.

I don't want to be a downer, but you don't sound very sure of yourself. What is all this, its not ment to be stuff? Either u want the surgery or you don't. If you want it then you will find a way to work it out. If you don't want it then ur efforts are futile. You need to decide if you really want this or not. Waffling in between and saying things like it's not ment makes it sound like your not really ready to commit to such a big step. You should make sure you REALLY want this before going ahead, otherwise you might find it a lot more difficult.