Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I am new here:) I did my surgery after 2 weeks of pre-op clears plus my eas shakes on 3/8. I did great, even though it was hard cooking for the kids! I had a rough time in the hospital. Didnt tolerate the narcotics, dry heaved for 48 hrs straight, which absolutely killed my stomach!! I was spitting out bloody sputum for about the first 4 days, and was totally freaked out. I wasn't able to swallow anything ( not even melted ice cubes) till the 3 rd day. I just couldnt swallow. I had hiatal hernia repair alao, but dr thought it was due to a lot of swelling from the surgery/ intubation/ vomiting. I started torodol, and continued it at home for a few days, which helped with inflammation. I went home after 3 days, even though i was onlt able to take in about 6 ounces that say. Mostly because my iv stopped working, and it took 2 anesthesiologists 8 pokes to get my first one) I thought i would be better at home. Well, I ended up going back on day 5 and 7 to get more iv fluids after getting very dehydrated. My stomach felt about 9 months pregnant and it hurt when i finally was able to swallow. On day 8, i started my full liquids and was excited to be able to drink my protien shakes again! So sick of clear liquids!! I am now feeling great! My belly gets really sore if i run around too much, which I have been doing. If i wake up good, I want to take the kids to the zoo or something, and then I pay for it later, lol. I also get extremely sore when I sleep. I usually have to take my lortab elixer at bed time, and then in the middle of the night. I have no heart burn, which is great :) since I started by full liquids 2 days ago, I have really been focusing niw on getting my 60 gms of protien. My eas shakes are 17 each. It takes me about 2 hrs to drink one though. I want to drink other things now that I can, but then I am worried i will be too full to get my protien drink in... My stomach swelling all of a sudden improved significantly:) my steri strips are still on. I noticed a few days ago that my belly button seemed moist. I tried to gently dry it out with a qtip, and some yucky stuff came out. It doest seem to be infected, but just wondering if it was moist from showering, or if i am leaking a little? Anybody else notice this? My other incisions are fine. My right side lower one has always been very sensitive on the surrounding skin, even if i lightly brush my skin. Weird! Anyway, was 205 when i strarted my pre-op liquids, 197 when i entered the hospital, back up to 203 the day after surgery, and 189 today!! I didnt loose anything on my first 5 days or so after discharge when i wasnt eating, then it flew off when i started my shakes again. It is so exciting to see the scale each day:) I am having some urges to cheat so bad on my liquid diet! My doc says no pureed till post op day 20:( i lnow its not safe to eat sooner, but that will be almost 6 weeks of only fluids fo me by the time i start purees!!

Just read thru this. Sorry for all of my typos:( Its har typing on my little ipod. Also wanted to mention I will be 30 next month. I have 3 kids. I am a nurse. My insurance approved my surgety after my 6 months of dr visits/ nut eval/ psych eval/ etc due to my high blood pressure ans bmi of 35. I actually did almost a year of appointments because I was holding off till my insurancw was approving the sleeve other than band. Glad I waited. My mother has had nothing but troubles with her band:(

Wow, your plate is full enough without all of these complications. You are tough, tho, and you will get all this behind you, soon. Best of luck!

jlweb23: Wow! Sounds like you had quite a rough time! So sorry! Hopefully you can take it easy for a few weeks and just let yourself heal. It sounds like your stomach really needs that time to heal so I would follow just what the doctor orders (liquids) and let it heal. Also I know how tempting it is to want to take the kids to the zoo when you wake up feeling great, but don't over do it - - I literally had to force myself some days to chill and not get over excited when I was feeling good or I would definitely overdo it. For a change in liquids from your EAS Protein Drinks (I like these too! fast & good protein), you can blend some other Protein drinks (strawberry fatfree yogurt with some vanilla Protein Powder and water/ice, etc) so you're still doing liquid but also getting your protein. Watch that belly button too if it is still oozing any yuck - c/b infected so I'd keep an eye on that. Lots of Water and REST REST REST! You're losing so keep the faith!!

After tuesday, my family flies back to wi, and my husband back to work so I will be on my own with all the kids:( I will try and rest as much as I can, but to tell you the truth, ever since my surgery, I have not been able to get a wink of sleep! I feel tired but just have major insomnia. ). Is there any good protien powder that I can get from Walmart? Or do I need to make the trip to the Vitamin store? I tried one kind and it seemed to make it thick and foamy, which grossed me out. I know i need to stick to my liquids, I am too afraid of developing a leak by cheating! Thanks for the words of encouragement:)