Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats! It does get better! You are doing great and try to get in as much fluids and Protein as possible. You won't be able to meet the maximum amount but will work up to it. Welcome to the BIG LOSER'S CLUB! Enjoy your journey! ;)

Take it a day at a time....I know that for the first week or 2 after the surgery I was not able to get all of my Protein or fluids. Just do you best and try and keep something to drink at your side at all times. Things do and will get better.

Thanks everyone. I discovered that Water goes down much easier than any other liquid (crystal light, sobe life water) and that it sits much easier at room temperature. My abdomen is still really sore but I'm sure that's to be expected right now. Just taking things slowly and trying not to worry!!

Hang in there it gets better everyday!

It gets better. I'm three day post op and have found it's easier for me to drink Gatorade than just plain Water. I think everybody is different so try to find something you can stomach over the next day or two. And don't worry about walking the mile. I was looped up on pain meds and could barely walk to the bathroom nonetheless around the hospital wing. I'm off the meds now and am walking around my house a bit, but a mile? I think it's going to be a while before I do that. Also, I was in some serious pain after the surgery so my docs didn't want me walking too much if it hurt me that badly.

I was sleeved on the 13th and I can't get all my liquids in either. I get about 40 ounces a day right now. i find I can get about 5 more ounces each day. What has really helped me is sucking on ice chips CONSTANTLY rather than try to sip Water all day. The first days it hurt so bad to swallow even a sip. I had chest pains on every swallow. but sucking the ice chips allowed a constant flow of tiny amounts of liquid to go down and no chest pain. yesterday and today it doesn't hurt near as much to swallow. I actually got a Protein shake down this morning (10 ounces) in an hour! only had a few chest pains when my drink was a little "bigger". I'm only day 5 po but I feel better every day. I'm not up to par but I know that a week from now I'll feel great and probably be getting in a lot more!

chin up! we will be better soon! just keep sucking those ice chips!

It gets better. I'm three day post op and have found it's easier for me to drink Gatorade than just plain Water. I think everybody is different so try to find something you can stomach over the next day or two. And don't worry about walking the mile. I was looped up on pain meds and could barely walk to the bathroom nonetheless around the hospital wing. I'm off the meds now and am walking around my house a bit' date=' but a mile? I think it's going to be a while before I do that. Also, I was in some serious pain after the surgery so my docs didn't want me walking too much if it hurt me that badly.[/quote']

I gave up Powerade and Gatorade long before surgery due to the calories and extremely high sodium levels. Be careful with that!

I so need to read these posts saying it gets better. I am so doggone tired and only getting about 30 oz in at 3 days post op. I can't imagine anyone walking a mile!

I so need to read these posts saying it gets better. I am so doggone tired and only getting about 30 oz in at 3 days post op. I can't imagine anyone walking a mile!

Don't worry!! You are not alone!!!:)