Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you tell me a little more? I don't understand what you mean. There is no escaping from a sleeved stomach. It's permanent. Do you mean a leak? :mellow:

You should contact your surgeon. I don't believe that a leak could be detected with ultrasound. When leak tests are done post surgery, it is done with a barium swallow. Did you have a leak test after surgery? Where are you at?

*sniff sniff* I smell a troll...

*sniff sniff* I smell a troll...

I have wondered that for days now ;)

weight.png

I have wondered that for days now ;)

Haha! I've been meaning to post that every time I see his/her name pop up. Nothing's adding up. They had surgery 6 weeks ago and are already in a size small? The profile pic is of an obviously NOT overweight person. No profile info... Nothing but grammatically incorrect questions that appear to be designed to gain sympathy - most of them anyway. And obviously very uneducated about VSG in general.

YUP, just to keep it in context....."head on the nail?" - LMAO!

weight.png

im afemale

the English is my second language my first language is arabic beside im texting from my phone so i wrote many wrong words

yes i have no information about sleeve

our country culture about obesity and surgery is not like yours

it seems a shame to do sleeve in our country

even the measure of body weight is different

my question is how to know if you have a leak

because im studying in Egypt alone

my family my surgeon in kuwait(another country)

my doctor did not educate me about any thing except dont eat choclate, sweats and take omiprazole & motilium drugs daily for 4 months

also i dont know what really good to eat so my diet is from my mind and others experience

so im worry about harming my staples line

but my language not helping me to make you understand me

im not looking for sympathy

i only thaught that here we can write our feelings and questions to gain support

im looking for support

why will i need sympathy?

and the profile picture not me even

that photo is what i dream to be look like it even without face

and really thanks for sympathy , support and reply

all the best for all of us

Ways to check for leaks vary by surgeon's preference.

Suring the surgery, my surgeon submerges the staple line and looks for escaping gas bubbles.

Post-op (once you'r sutured/stampled closed) there are a few options. Barium swallow is one of them, but not preferrable. Drinking barium kind of assumes the barium is staying inside. Let's just say that if I were to have a leak, barium is not a substance I'd want leaking out into my body cavity. I actually have my final consultation today, and I'm going to ask my surgeon to specify what post-op leak detection methods he uses, and make sure he will offer an alternative to barium.

Undiscovered leaks are usually "found" through patient complaints - fever, abdominal pain, tachycardia (fast heart rate), dizziness, distention, general malaise (feeling like you have a bad flu), etc. I was speaking with someone last week who had actually had a leak and was feeling the effects of the infection, but thought she was just dumping because some of the written symptoms are similar.

I don't think you're a troll or looking for sympathy. I've seen your post and to me it's pretty clear that you're struggling through language (and perhapd cultural) barriers. If you need any of the information above explained in a different way, please let me know.

(My husband/in-laws are not native English speakers. Though my husband is fully fluent, the in-laws are not, so I'm used to kneading my English to fit what they can better understand).

thanks alot wheetsin

im trying to improve my language

if you ask your doctor about symptoms of post opertive leakage other than barrium swallow

please answer me

here barrium swallow is very expensive

so it cant be as screening method