Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Weeks Post-Op! Any Ideas For Soft Liquids?

Hi I am new here and so far have found this site very helpful... I am 2 weeks post-op Monday 3/19/12 and I am so sick of the nasty Protein Shakes, broth and jello... Any suggestions on another way to get some kind of calories or satisfaction...? Thank you in advance for any help ;)

I'm not sure of the caloric value but I'm into pan drippings! Lol seriously though, my mom made a slow cooker pot roast and I added some Water to the juices to make me a broth and it was delicious and still considered a clear liquid. We also had chicken fajitas and I did the same with that. I only suggest this if acid is not a concern for you. If acid reflux is a problem the spices might bother you. And, if possible maybe a no sugar added applesauce with a scoop of Protein Powder for a snack once or twice a week. I'm still trying to figure out what's good and what's not so good luck on your journey!!

It depends on what your surgeon allows, and since I'm only 5 days out, I can't have much. But at 3 to 4 weeks some people are allowed to have cream of wheat really thinned with milk. Right now, that sounds DEVINE to me. How about refried Beans made really thin? Unfortunately, I'm still gaggin' down the shakes. Have you added plain Protein powder to broth? I'm going to do that tomorrow,

Niahri you are a genious. Too bad there's no one cookin' around here. If you have other ideas, please share. I'm heading over to the recipe forum right now, you guys are making me hungry.

I'm not sure of the caloric value but I'm into pan drippings! Lol seriously though' date=' my mom made a slow cooker pot roast and I added some Water to the juices to make me a broth and it was delicious and still considered a clear liquid. We also had chicken fajitas and I did the same with that. I only suggest this if acid is not a concern for you. If acid reflux is a problem the spices might bother you. And, if possible maybe a no sugar added applesauce with a scoop of Protein powder for a snack once or twice a week. I'm still trying to figure out what's good and what's not so good luck on your journey!![/quote']

Thanks so much I'm going to try it ;)

Niahri you are a genious. Too bad there's no one cookin' around here. If you have other ideas' date=' please share. I'm heading over to the recipe forum right now, you guys are making me hungry.[/quote']

I think everyone here should get some sort of certificate from the Bariatric Society!!! If you find any good recipes please share!!

It depends on what your surgeon allows' date=' and since I'm only 5 days out, I can't have much. But at 3 to 4 weeks some people are allowed to have cream of wheat really thinned with milk. Right now, that sounds DEVINE to me. How about refried Beans made really thin? Unfortunately, I'm still gaggin' down the shakes. Have you added plain Protein powder to broth? I'm going to do that tomorrow,[/quote']

I'm going to my 2 week post-op Wednesday so I think I'm going to ask a few extra questions... I have heard people talk about eggs, cottage cheese,yogurt and cheese so I was wondering how far out they were for those changes... Thank you for helping it really is nice to have everyone here to help ;)

HI Princess, I'm two weeks post op and am eating scrambed eggs, cottage cheese, tuna salad (pureed), refried Beans. I can eat about 2 oz, so it's not a lot, but it's my one meal a day and I'm enjoying it. Oh and I put shredded cheese on my eggs & Beans.< /p>

Tonight for supper I scrambled refried beans, eggs & cheese all together and topped it off with taco sauce. SO GOOD! I also eat cream Soups, homemade stocks & Soups, Protein shakes and sugar free popsicles.

This weekend I'm going to have chili (pureed & possibly thinned out)! I can't wait!

Well I found one, that's OK for me at this stage. Its frapacino, so if you don't like coffee, it's not going to be for you. Take 1/2 vanilla shake, 1/2 choco shake, 3 tsp of instant coffee, (maybe it was 2 tsp), and 3 drops of sugar free kalua flavoring, blend together with ice. I guess the theory behind it is that the coffee and kalua flavoring will mask the shake flavor. (I really doubt it, but will try it). Recipe calls for premier brand shakes, when I'm at costco next week, I'm going to get some. Everyone says they're the best.

Have you tried sugar free popsicles?

HI Princess' date=' I'm two weeks post op and am eating scrambed eggs, cottage cheese, tuna salad (pureed), refried Beans. I can eat about 2 oz, so it's not a lot, but it's my one meal a day and I'm enjoying it. Oh and I put shredded cheese on my eggs & Beans.

Tonight for supper I scrambled refried beans, eggs & cheese all together and topped it off with taco sauce. SO GOOD! I also eat cream Soups, homemade stocks & Soups, Protein shakes and sugar free popsicles.

This weekend I'm going to have chili (pureed & possibly thinned out)! I can't wait![/quote']

Wow! It sounds yummy! I am going to try to eat an egg and or tuna... The amount of calories I get down a day are so few and I'm feeling so sick of broths that I'd rather not eat and since I'm not starving it doesn't bother me to skip a meal! Not good so I am definitely going to give it a shot... Thank you so much ;)

Well I found one' date=' that's OK for me at this stage. Its frapacino, so if you don't like coffee, it's not going to be for you. Take 1/2 vanilla shake, 1/2 choco shake, 3 tsp of instant coffee, (maybe it was 2 tsp), and 3 drops of sugar free kalua flavoring, blend together with ice. I guess the theory behind it is that the coffee and kalua flavoring will mask the shake flavor. (I really doubt it, but will try it). Recipe calls for premier brand shakes, when I'm at costco next week, I'm going to get some. Everyone says they're the best.[/quote']

Hi, I guess I'm not really a coffee drinker but I use to like a lot of flavors that now I don't care for so maybe coffee will be a new flavor I like! Going to give it a shot! Sounds yummy! Thanks for the help ;)