Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exhaustion-2 Months Post Op

Whew...i really didn't think I'd have the energy to come into work today. I'm exhausted. I'm mostly getting all Protein, Vitamins and liquids in....but my god I'm exhausted. I've been pretty busy, but before surgery I was never this exhausted.....maybe once if I ran myself absolutely to the end. I knew people mentioned that it takes a few months to get energy back, but wow...I am beat. I suppose I have been doing more lately as I get back into the swing of everything and working extra hours, etc. Anyone else go through this?? I went to bed at 9pm last night and didn't wake up until 7:45 this morning (yes I ended up being late for work, lol. Fortunately my boss is really thoughtful and told me to take it easy today anyway and didn't mind me being about 30 minutes late.)

You should get bloodwork done. B12and Iron are my first suspects. I know you mention you take Vitamins, but while most people here take B12, I don't see people taking iron as often.

Also, I don't know where you live, but it could be a seasonal thing and have nothing to do with the sleeve. I am always mildly homicidal and permanently exhausted come February, until about April.

I take 2500 mcg of B12 every few days. I do know that if I do not get 8 hours then I am very tired. One day I had to pick my husband up at the airport at 11:00. We got back at 12 and I had to get up at 5;30. I was so out of it that I didn't remember turning the alarm off. I also put my phone in such a strange place that I couldn't find it when I did wake up. I had to call in sick.

It may be lack of calories or my body working hard to rid myself of the fat. Who knows. I don't think it's related to the actual surgery or that anything is wrong. Otherwise, I am more alert than I was pre-surgery with that horrid apnea.

Have you had your thyroid checked? Maybe ask your doc for a TSH, T4, T5 blood test.

I am almost 10 weeks and I also feel tired. I take Iron and sublingual B12 daily so it isn't that. I guess my body is going through a lot right now and needs the extra rest. That's all I can figure.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches