Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe a little TMI (toot toot)

Does anyone think that the gas has more to do with what is being eaten than just a side effect of the band?

I really don't want to be farting all the time LOL Ah heck, I'd at least be thinner... is farting more socially acceptable when you're thin? Hah!

OMG are you kidding there is farting and burping with banding???!!!Ugh. I will have to move!! (oh no I am so not kidding!) I live in a house with three gassy people...they do it all the time! I did it once on vacation my daughter was in the bathroom with me...(I had been drinking a beer) I let one out and omg she went out and told the whole table of people we were with...mind you this was 13 years ago and they still won't let me live it down! I can understand if I did it in the dining room, but I was in the bathroom. Okay so now last year we are in London and in the bathroom (same daughter) and I let one, and apologize while in the stall, and i hear this womans very snooty british voice say to my daughter "I thought that was what the loo was for" OMG I wanted to flush myself down the toilet.

Yeah she thought it was awful i was apologizing..ugh can't win! LOL

M

OMG, so everybody has the toots! How funny, and here I thought I was special. But seriously, I'm glad I found this thread b/c I was going to complain to my doctor at my next visit. LOL.

5 months banded and burping and farting is still a daily event for me! Water makes my burp,and food makes me fart.

And if that is not bad enough... the farting and BMs are more like toxic waste! The smell is a killer!

Don't swallow air silly people and you won't fart so often. With the band it has no where to go but up if your lucky, and out if you are not. And since we are all perfect little angels eating our veggies, we must acknowledge that they will create a little bit of gas. That is why we have Bean-o. It is not entirely the bands fault. We do it to ourselves. Besides a "normal" person passes some form of gass 9 times a day on average.

Poot Poot...If the air gets past the band it will come out one way or the other... At least we don't have to wear carbon filters in our underwear like RNY patients.

Don't swallow air silly people and you won't fart so often. With the band it has no where to go but up if your lucky, and out if you are not. And since we are all perfect little angels eating our veggies, we must acknowledge that they will create a little bit of gas. That is why we have Bean-o. It is not entirely the bands fault. We do it to ourselves. Besides a "normal" person passes some form of gass 9 times a day on average.

Poot Poot...If the air gets past the band it will come out one way or the other... At least we don't have to wear carbon filters in our underwear like RNY patients.

Hooray for Bean-o I didn't know you could take it.

9 times--i def am not normal....lol

carbon filters?? My sis didn't have to wear that!

But that is funny, I was thinking scented pantyliners worn toward the back would do the trick.......LOL

Glad it's not just me! I'm trying a new Probiotics thing to see if it'll help at all. But the tooting is something else, and it's definitely gotten worse as the band has gotten tighter. After healing but before I was filled very tight, I was not fluffing anything like this in either quantity or smell.

THere isn't science behind my thoughts for why I have so much gas while being banded... only paying close attention that brings me to this conclusion. Even if I eat NOTHING...or should I say... especially if I eat nothing... I feel my lower stomach just a growling and carrying on... creating lots of air that eventually has to come out... one way or another. When I was having oodles of problems after a 2cc fill they noted a ginormous air bubble under the band that was just sitting there a waiting for it's destination orders. :) WHen I am unfilled... there is a big decrease in the amount of gas that is passed in either direction. The gas I pass is mostly harmless and provides much amusement for my DD and DH. I haven't noticed any paint peeling off of the walls... so... it's all good.

I had to laugh at your response. I'm not banded yet, just a lurker, but I am already so gifted in those abilities. I can't wait to see what it's like afterwards!

:faint:

I wonder if it is the diet though. Some of those high Protein, low carb drinks can really make you musical. Mannitol seems to make a lot of people gassy. It is a sugar substitute. Who knows? I do know eating refried Beans is so asking for it! :guess

THere isn't science behind my thoughts for why I have so much gas while being banded... only paying close attention that brings me to this conclusion. Even if I eat NOTHING...or should I say... especially if I eat nothing... I feel my lower stomach just a growling and carrying on... creating lots of air that eventually has to come out... one way or another. When I was having oodles of problems after a 2cc fill they noted a ginormous air bubble under the band that was just sitting there a waiting for it's destination orders. :) WHen I am unfilled... there is a big decrease in the amount of gas that is passed in either direction. The gas I pass is mostly harmless and provides much amusement for my DD and DH. I haven't noticed any paint peeling off of the walls... so... it's all good.

"The gas I pass" Doesn't that sound like a Dr Seuss book title?! :) This guy can be our fart monster mascot!

I most definately intake more Fiber now then pre-banding. I am sure the fiber has a lot to do with the gas.

Wow, i was wondering what the heck was going on. I never had gas the way I do now after being banded july 17th. I don't really burp all that much, butToot? Let me tell you! It's not that I'm tooting all day long, maybe two or three times a day, but it's with such force. Thank god there is no smell. They're just real loud and long. I run to the bathroom, and when I come out, my kids are laughing cuz they heard it from there.Very embarrassing in front of DH. Oh well, such is life. I'd rather be thin and gassy any day.

I am like Dody, no problems with the burping or flatulating...however, I get my first fill next week and all that could change!!

I can't stand it. It happens all the time. My dog and cat used to jump, but they're used to it now. How pathetic is that?

Why don't they tell you about all this? If it happens for so many of us, it's obviously one of the side effects.

and I think they should tell you about ALL of them.