Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hating The Heartburn

Have heartburn with almost everything I eat I take ppi... Started the 14 day treatment today my appetite is gone I haven't eaten in 3 days putting food in my mouth makes me gag... I don't know what to do I'm getting stressed I want to eat but my stomach says NO!!!!! I hate this heartburn its killing me..... Any suggestions please I'm in distress ....

Get your PPI changed. Some that work for others may not be the right one for you. It's not normal to have this much heartburn and your doctor should be able to get it under control for you.

What is this 14 day treatment you're talking about?

Get your PPI changed. Some that work for others may not be the right one for you. It's not normal to have this much heartburn and your doctor should be able to get it under control for you.

What is this 14 day treatment you're talking about?

Prilosec is the one I started yesterday it says it's a 14 day treatment...

Prilosec is the only medication that I've found works for me, so here's hoping it will help! Take it as directed, about an hour before you eat/drink anything in the morning to give it some time to absorb. It takes at least a week before you notice any significant changes.

*hugs* We'll do our best to try to help you figure this out. If it's not Prilosec then surely something else might help. But you have to at least give it the full 2 weeks to see if it does work. Some folks even need to do 2x per day.

Yeah man that blows. I'd call the doc as you may be getting some serious erosion going on. The acid can really be an issue early on as the stomach is swollen pretty badly and the acid pumps that weren't cut away still overwhelm the small sleeve capacity.

Some OTC antacids may provide some immediate relief. I can't take them as I get kidney stones at the drop of a hat if I hit anything with Calcium carbonate in it. Ask your doc for their advice. This can get scary bad pretty quick so time is of the essence.

Thanks Lilmissdiva and rootman......I will try to nip it in the bud.... Now and hope it takes care of my issues

I was the same way shortly after surgery.... My doc told me to double up on my prevacid.. Now, I get severe heartburn and acid reflux when I'm stressed...

I hope things get better for you...

I was the same way shortly after surgery.... My doc told me to double up on my prevacid.. Now' date=' I get severe heartburn and acid reflux when I'm stressed...

I hope things get better for you...[/quote']

Thank you it's a Lil better today..... I hate it I hope that doesn't happen to me it was so bad two days ago I almost went to emergency room

Girl, I didn't know what was wrong w/ me one night... I woke up choking on acids and mucus.. sorry to be graphic.. but... it scared me so much!!!

Girl' date=' I didn't know what was wrong w/ me one night... I woke up choking on acids and mucus.. sorry to be graphic.. but... it scared me so much!!![/quote']

Yes I'm gonna have pray this away.... This is not a joke...

Hello everyone, I'm wont be done with my 6 months until August 1st, I already struggle with heartburn and take 30 mg of Prevacid a day which was the only thing that worked , I worry about how bad it will be after I have the sleeve. Have most of you experienced this? Thanks

I take Protonix. It's a prescription, not OTC. It realy works well. There are quite a few PPI's on the market, so if the one you're taking isn't working, you can always tell your doctor you need to have it changed.

Hello everyone, I'm wont be done with my 6 months until August 1st, I already struggle with heartburn and take 30 mg of Prevacid a day which was the only thing that worked , I worry about how bad it will be after I have the sleeve. Have most of you experienced this? Thanks

I don't think it's going to be worse after you have surger, as long as you're on a PPI.