Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandiversary, wasn't sure I'd make it!!

Good GREIF look at you!! Congratulations - I love the superimposed pics above.

Have a great time out with your DH.

Totally amazing, Robyn!!! Good for you. And you're such an inspiration. That's a hell of a lot of weight to lose in a year. How did you do it? Just all the good stuff like careful eating, lots of Water and exercise or do you have some secret???

I have the honor of knowing Robyn IRL, and she is just as awesome in person as she is in her pictures.

Love ya Girl! Those are cool to see...thanks for doing that!

Totally amazing, Robyn!!! Good for you. And you're such an inspiration. That's a hell of a lot of weight to lose in a year. How did you do it? Just all the good stuff like careful eating, lots of Water and exercise or do you have some secret???

Thanks Devana! I have not been perfect, or even good at all times. I didn't exercise until the last month, mainly because I just couldn't. Even now, my focus of exercise is to become more healthy...not to use it to sweat away the pounds. To be completely honest, the last 5 months of this have been extremely hard for me......I lost the majority (about 100 pounds) in the first 6 months....and the majority of the rest by 9 months.

I have been through soooo many surgeries in the past 6 months, but I am still here. I guess if I had to pinpoint what was the key for me....it was living every day AT THE BEGINNING OF MY BAND JOURNEY, as if it were going to be the last day with my band. I knew I had a port infection from the start....and was scared to death my band would have to be taken out all together. Therefore, I used every moment early on to its fullest. Even without restriction for the first 3 months, I still pretended as if I did and tried to the best of my abilities to follow the "bandster rules". My doctor was also very good about getting me filled repeatedly until I got to my sweet spot...(had fills every 3 weeks or so....for a total of 7 fills before I even started to feel any restriction whatsoever).

I have never been a big Water drinker. But I did used to drink 12+ cans of reg coke each day. I no longer do that of course, and am a big unsweetened tea junkie. To be completely honest, I am struggling now more than ever.....at first it was relatively simple. But as the weight loss slows, and your body requires less and less calories, and more and more activity....it becomes more difficult to keep your chin up.

However, I am now finally coming to acceptance that this is not a race, but it is a way of life. Even though I have heard that over and over....I never embraced it until now. I no longer will beat myself up, and fall into sadness because I had a 1/2 cup of ice cream after a fantastic healthy day. I am trying to start focusing on being healthy....something I have never been. I am enjoying not getting looked at funny in public anymore, and actually "blending in" with the crowd.

Just do the best you can for you, and make the most of every single day with the band. Good Luck to you!

Woooohooooo Robyn!!! GREAT job.....you are a superstar...take a bow!!!!!

Keep it up ....YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

MElody

Banded 3/20/06 -74lbs :)