Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tentative Date For Next Month & Petrified

I spoke with my surgeon's office as of yesterday afternoon, tentative surgery date is mid to late April.

BUT she's still awaiting my pcp to send over the paperwork as he's had it for a week now? I have dietician appt./class

on the 26th and just waiting for ins. approval..now, here's the thing..I am extremely petrified..I guess that the whole mortality

thing comes into play here..I have many people who depend on me and I want to be around for them all~I've seen nothing but positive

outcomes on the site so far and am hoping for the same positive results as well. I have faith that I'm doing the right thing not only for my health and over all well being but to be a better more active part of my family again. I have degenerative disc disease as well so this hinders me from doing alot of things I want to and well..just being overweight I've backed away and self loathed for a long time now and don't participate like I used to. I've been up and down in weight my whole life and never found anything that really worked for me, I've always gained the weight back. I guess I'm worried due to the surgeon that is doing my sleeve has bounds of experience with abdominal surgeries and lap bands but not very many with the sleeve but he's the only one around here who takes my insurance. And there are a few others waiting for the sleeve from him as well but there has to be 3 people getting the sleeve scheduled before they can even give an actual date. He's a highly recommended surgeon, I guess I'm just a little apprehensive due to his not doing the sleeve as much as I'd like. Thanks for listening/reading..just nervous..excited, ready..but nervous..

I am still pre op my date is April 12. As long as you keep telling yourself everything is good and everything will be ok it WILL be okay!! I completely understand what you are feeling I am so excited yet nervous and anxious. But I know this is not my time and nothing bad will happen :) and remember all GREAT surgeons have to start somewhere :) so if no one ha faith in them they would never be where they are today.

MarnieAnn, In my mind & heart I know it will be okay, and I have a GREAT deal of faith in God who will not lead me in a direction that's not good for me. I guess maybe it's because my bio dad passed later in April many years ago suddenly that makes me think things..sort of obsessing on things that are not good for me to obsess on..I'm excited and SO absolutely ready for this surgery..it's surgery itself I guess that scares me. Thanks so much

It is completely normal to be nervous. You both will do great, look at all the positives! Best of luck to you both and keep us posted. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

@kimmy thanks! and btw how do you get those ticker thingy's?

I was super nervous too! I was praying and praying and praying about it! The doors kept opening for me and I feel like God said GO FOR IT and I DID :)