Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I went to my weigh in appointment and they had me meet with the metabolic doctor. The metabolic doctor put me on a low dose of ephedrine because my metabolism is so low. They said it will help kick my metabolism into gear. Has anyone else been put on ephedrine? How long dig you take it for? Did you have a hard time with side effects?

Oh, ephedrine my old friend...but not.

It can serioulsy affect your sleep, and it can make your moods, er, less pleasant.

You need to read on the side effects AND interaction with other drugs AND any mental conditions. Heart conditions, circulation problems, and issues healing should be addressed with the doctor that issued it.

When you get your prescription request it come from a supplier that your supply comes in a bottle with a foil sealed lid, rather than put into a prescription bottle.

For many a mild dose issued in a three week, wean down, (on off schedule of some sort) can be safe.

Actually I do have a question - what doctor issued this? Did he run tests to determine WHY your metabolism was off?

Are you working out? This is only a temp fix, so if you could substitute it you would be better off. I also know people who have seen the same effect by diagnosing food allergies. No kidding.

ephedrine: a love hate relationship. LOVED the way it made me lose weight, hated the way it made me feel. Mean cranky jittery. I used to take Stackers when they put ephedrine in it. It will kick start your metablism thats for sure. I used to take one with Breakfast and not have to eat the rest of the day.

I used to take it. It made me MEAN. I decided it was bad for my interpersonal relations so I went off it, and even with a wean down, the withdrawl was horrifying. Please be careful with this drug. It'll make you drop weight, but for me, it was not worth the cost.

i feel my metabolism is too slow

im 5 weeks post sleeve

nearly i dont take any calories

ihave normal thyroid function

but still my weight doesnot change could i take ephedrine?

does it need adoctor prscribtion or can i get it from any pharmacy

or could i take thyroxin(tgyroid hormone)

iwant to kill this fat before it make me kill my self

Oh' date=' ephedrine my old friend...but not.

It can serioulsy affect your sleep, and it can make your moods, er, less pleasant.

You need to read on the side effects AND interaction with other drugs AND any mental conditions. Heart conditions, circulation problems, and issues healing should be addressed with the doctor that issued it.

When you get your prescription request it come from a supplier that your supply comes in a bottle with a foil sealed lid, rather than put into a prescription bottle.

For many a mild dose issued in a three week, wean down, (on off schedule of some sort) can be safe.[/quote']

I have noticed my moods change in the evening. I get irratiable. I truly do not like this stuff and hope I'm not on it for long.

ephedrine: a love hate relationship. LOVED the way it made me lose weight' date=' hated the way it made me feel. Mean cranky jittery. I used to take Stackers when they put ephedrine in it. It will kick start your metablism thats for sure. I used to take one with breakfast and not have to eat the rest of the day.[/quote']

I agree I don't like it at all. Hopefully I won't be on it long.

Actually I do have a question - what doctor issued this? Did he run tests to determine WHY your metabolism was off?

Are you working out? This is only a temp fix' date=' so if you could substitute it you would be better off. I also know people who have seen the same effect by diagnosing food allergies. No kidding.[/quote']

Yes a doctor issued this. They did run tests. It came back that my metabolism was very low. I am working out. I an training for a 5k and do weights the days I'm not training. I noticed I sometimes make no sense when I'm on this stuff. I really don't like it. I feel like a scatter brain.

I used to take it. It made me MEAN. I decided it was bad for my interpersonal relations so I went off it' date=' and even with a wean down, the withdrawl was horrifying. Please be careful with this drug. It'll make you drop weight, but for me, it was not worth the cost.[/quote']

It makes me irratiable by the end of the day. I don't like it but I'm afraid if I tell the doctor and don't do as they recommend I won't get approved. I'm very nervous you say it was hard to come off of. What were the side effects of coming off? Do you think I should talk to doctor about not taking it? I have only taken it for a week. How long did you take it for?

i feel my metabolism is too slow

im 5 weeks post sleeve

nearly i dont take any calories

ihave normal thyroid function

but still my weight doesnot change could i take ephedrine?

does it need adoctor prscribtion or can i get it from any pharmacy

or could i take thyroxin(tgyroid hormone)

iwant to kill this fat before it make me kill my self

I knew something was wrong with me I was always tired and gaining weight. It took three years for me to find out my thyroid was not functioning. The normal is 0.3 I believe. Mine was a 9.537. When they called me to tell me the lady told me " I don't know how you function and make it through the day." I told her I'm not s complainer and I thought it was normal. My advice maybe talk to your doctor and have them do a really good blood test. As for ephedrine I don't like it at all. I would talk to your doctor about your concerns.