Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'll be two weeks post op on wednesday and im having the hardest time gettin all my requirements. My NUT started that I need to do 60 60 60 to include 60 minutes of exercise, 60 ounces of Water and 60 Protein. The past two days I managed to get in my protein but I'm to full to do more then 30 ounces of water. Sleeve Vets when were you able to get all your numbers?

Well I for one did not get all of those things in at 2 weeks post op. I know that I was having trouble getting the Protein and the Water. I was not for sure exercising for 60 minutes at 2 weeks out. Hope you hear from others as to where they were at 2 week post op. I just say do your best and it will improve each and every day.

I am 15 days out and I'm having trouble with all three. Can't get the Protein in. Can't get all the Water in and am so damn weak an fatigued definitely can't do 60 minutes of exercise. I feel absolutely awful but praying that it will improve with time. Sorry, I know mine not be an encouraging post, but it's truth. I hear everyone is different, so maybe others' experiences will be more encouraging. Good luck!

I've been tracking my grams of Protein today and as of right now I'm at 46 but all I need is 50 for the day. I've had muscle milk lite, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup (21 grams of Protein and so delicious!) and skim milk. I haven't been a big fan of any of the protein supplements I've had so far. They're all too sweet but that could be just something after surgery and maybe that'll change. Oh, and I'm 5 days post op.

However, I've only had 31 ounces of fluids. I really need to work on that some more.

amencorner, have you tried eating and just can't keep anything down or what? I was feeliing really weak and fatigued and thought, gee, I probably should try eating more. Of course, when I say "eat" I mean "consume Protein."

I hate to hear you say you feel so miserable.

Debby: at this point in your recovery, the Protein Shakes can also count as a liquid. I couldn't get much in my stomach either. I never hit goal for the first 5 to 6 weeks. Sounds like your doing great! Keep it up. ;)

Well, I have this awful, metallic-like taste in my mouth that makes everything taste awful. I get nauseous after a few "bites." The Protein shakes that I used to drink with no problem are starting to make me sick to my stomach. Tried Peanut Butter, felt awful afterward (perhaps too thick?). Egg drop Soup is tolerable but I don't think it's providing quite enough nourishment. I have diarrhea after consuming basically everything. I was also having a problem with feeling the food travel and severe discomfort in my chest -- not from overeating, from just trying to eat soft foods. However, I finally got some greek yogurt and was able to eat that today without a problem. So I maybe the chest pain/discomfort issue is improving.

What is this I hear about refried Beans? Might consider trying that, too.

Your body is in ketosis right now and your body is burning fat. We go into Ketosis when is cut out our carbs. The metal taste is a good indicator. Enjoy your weight loss, Get your Protein and fluids in and exercise. The weight is literally melting away. ;)

Thanks, Dorrie. Of course I Googled ketosis. That helps me understand whath that's about. And I have lost (I need to get a ticker). I lost 20lbs on the pre-op diet and I've lost 16 since the surgery (2-27-12) for a total weight loss of 36 lbs in basically one month. So, I guess that's good. I just wish I had more energy and felt better, but I do know it's coming. I just have to get through this rough patch.

Thanks again.

This Wednesday will be my 3 week anniversary. Today was the first day that I was able to get 64oz of Water in. So far, it's been a struggle to manage to drink enough. My water bottle is always near me and save for the pre-meal and post-meal periods when I am not to drink, I am generally sipping.

Protein hasn't been a problem for me. I'm currently in the puree stage and have been making purees from pork tenderloin, chicken thighs, and cauliflower. I basically turned the steamed cauliflower into "fauxtatoes" with the addition of a little bit of light cream cheese and some time spent in the food processor.

Debby: at this point in your recovery, the Protein shakes can also count as a liquid. I couldn't get much in my stomach either. I never hit goal for the first 5 to 6 weeks. Sounds like your doing great! Keep it up. ;)

I'm counting all fluids but silly me, forgot to count the current 17 oz bottle of Water. I'm almost done with it. I also had 4 oz of Premier Protein (pretty good stuff) so my official totals today are 52.25 ounces of fluids and 56.8 grams of Protein. We'll see if I can do that every day. I'm sure some days will be more challenging than others.

Been following these threads! Not sleeved yet but read a rec somewhere about Isopure Protein Drinks. 40 g of Protein per bottle! Couldn't you Water those down and sip it and cover two bases at once? Or am I not understanding? Trying to prepare myself for this as well!

Isopure is already watery, like a fruit punch. And it's huge. It took 2 days for me to drink half of it. It also gave me horrible cotton mouth. However, some people here like it. Buy a bottle and try it yourself before buying too much. Another word of advice: the drinks you like the day before surgery might make you gag the day after. So don't buy too much. Buy some samples or just one or two of the item. I bought a big container of Protein mix that I always drank at the gym but added splenda to it. When I tried it after surgery, it was too sweet even without the splenda. I can't drink it now. Total waste of money.

Great advice, Debby. I, too, have wasted a lot of money on Protein Shakes that I had no problem with during the pre-op diet. Now I can barely stomach them.

i am 4 months out and the best advice i can give you is to focus on getting your Water down. you can go a day or two without meeting your Protein goal, but a day or two without meeting you liquid goal can cause dehydration. i had to be admitted to the hospital 6 days after i was released because of dehydration. if your having trouble with liquids try them at different temperatures. early on i was able to get warm liquids down easier than cold liquids. good practice for getting down all your liquids is always keep a water bottle on you. Good luck.