Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lemon Cleanse

Has anyone ever done the Lemon Cleanse (Master Cleanser)? Its not a diet rather a natural means of cleaning out the toxins and bacteria in your system. One of the side effects is the loss in weight (of course your fasting). I gave the book a quick read yesterday (its about 20 pages.)

Its a liquid fast that involves a lemon cleanser, saltwater cleanser and herbal laxative tea.

I am going to start it tomorrow for the next ten days. I did the Salt Water flush today and lets just say that you cannot venture too far away from the toilet after drinking this stuff. I will let you know how it goes.

Here is a quick list for those you might want to give it a whirl. Let me know how it goes.

http://www.falconblanco.com/health/cleansing/lemoncleanse.htm

"Cleanses" are NOT necessary and you should be very careful with experimenting with them because they could alter the electrolyte balance in your body and land you in the hospital. As an RN, I know firsthand the damage some of these "cleanses" can do and more teens are doing them for a "fast weight loss."

Hey I am glad you posted this,I had been searching the threads to see if anyone had already started a thread and I came upon this one. I purchased the masters cleanse book and the kit. I couldn't find a gallon of the Syrup cheaper, this appears to be the best deal. I am not a doctor but I am not worried about passing out. I have done 3 day fasts(no food, just water) in the past, and I love the results I get spirtually speaking, I'm hoping this will give me a boost and clean out toxins and give a new perspective on the things I put into my body. I haven't got my order yet,but I plan to start this week when it arrives in the mail. My mom is going to try it with me but she is only going to do 5 days, I trying for the whole 10. Master Cleanse Supplies : The Master Cleanse This is what I got, I also found a bulletin board on that site, it has a lot of help and information about the cleanse. One other thing my mom sent me this article that Beyonce of the former Destiny's Child has lost a lot of weight for her Dream girls movie, with this new diet.The diet was the master's cleanse,here's the articleBV Health- beyonces-breakthrough-diet - AOL Black Voices so let's do this, I will be checking in on yah

I did the Master Cleanse for the first time last October. Over the course of the 10 days, I had dropped 14 pounds. FYI - I'm not banded yet.

I started on a Saturday and would recommend the same. Day 1 was a breeze. Day 2 was more difficult and probably the worst day for me of the 10. Yes, the SWF goes *right* through you. I went to the gym a few times and felt almost euphoric at times. While I had excellent energy, it didn't last as long as usual but I felt good.

I felt powerful.

I felt strong.

I felt motivated.

After the cleanse is over they recommend you drink freshly squeezed OJ or grapefruit juice. I"m not sure I've ever tasted anything so delicious in my life! :) Good luck with it!

I happened to have my physical scheduled during that time and I even told my doctor about it. He said he doesn't recommend them for weight loss but if it's only 10 days, then he said I was OK.

Thanks for the info. I wish I had found the kit earlier. I ended up going to a natural food store and buying the Syrup and tea from there. The rest I got from the grocery store.

I failed miserably this weekend. I couldn't get myself to drink the lemon cleanse, but the weekday is a whole new beast so, I will try it from the beginning.

Whole Foods sells a bottle for $11. By the way, I tried several different salts and the best was the Fleur du Sel. Expensive but it makes the SWF go down easier. Also, I heated up the Water in the SWF and it was like drinking salty Soup... much easier for me than ice cold.

Good luck guys!:clap2:

Well after 2 days of attempting to do the lemon cleanse. I find myself nauseated by the smell of lemons. Also the lemons I brought have molded, I think its a sign to eat real food :huggie: . My friend completed her 10 day fast today and says it will be a LONG time before she does that again.

Its funny that I could do the liquid fast for the surgery, but not this. I think it had more variety :huggie:

Well after 2 days of attempting to do the lemon cleanse. I find myself nauseated by the smell of lemons. Also the lemons I brought have molded, I think its a sign to eat real food :huggie: . My friend completed her 10 day fast today and says it will be a LONG time before she does that again.

Its funny that I could do the liquid fast for the surgery, but not this. I think it had more variety :huggie:

All man...don't give in.....resist the temptation. you can do it, I hear day 2 is the hardest. I got my Package today but doesn't look like I will be starting until Saturday night.

I tried it for 2 days. I just bought Syrup at Publix (grocery store). Not the Aunt Jam. stuff, but the grade b stuff. About $4/bottle. Also used the Lemon juice and not real lemons. Anyway, it worked well. Besides missing food, it went well. I couldn't go more than 2 days....didn't have the will power to go further without real food. But....I can say, that it worked so well. Felt better, no bags under my eyes. BUt the most important thing is to drink the laxative tea in the evening. My husband and I did it and was so surprised at the stuff that came out. Will save the graphics! My husband has done it again for 2 days and felt great afterwords.

I heard that just drinking lemon in your water/tea will help aid in weight loss. I have never heard of the Syrup, I will have to check it out. :huggie:

Well I got up this morning and made more lemon cleanse. I didn't have time to do the salt Water flush. I didn't feel like getting up any earlier than 6am. So I will continue to do this until the lemons that are not moldy(had to throw half of them away) are gone. Friday will probably be my biggest problem day. I am taking my neice and nephew to an amusement park and they are spending the night....sounds like PBJ time!

I have gone ahead and started my cleanse today, I drank the salt Water this morning not a quart like they suggest,that part was gross, don't know how long I'm going to be able to do that one. Iwasn't going to start until Saturday night because I was going to have company and go to a baby shower,but if you can resist at the amusement park,I guess I can show some will power also/