Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 days post op and STARVING and WEAK - HELP!

Hi Marie,

Please check with your nutritionist about the Protein amount. Like most others here, I was told 65-70 grams of Protein a day. Some protein powders have way more than others. The shakes (Slim Fast, Carnation, etc.) are great but usually only have 10-15 grams in them. If you add a scoop of Protein Powder to them, you'll be getting half your protein in one drink.

DH made me some black bean Soup (recipe on food thread) and added garbanzo Beans which are incredibly high in protein. One cup of it is fattening (316 cals) but incredibly filling and LOADED with protein.

I think it's not food you're craving....it's nutrition. Hang in there.

Ok guys - I went to GNC and got the Isopure. It comes in the hugest containers - it is so funny - one of my friends came over and said "Wow you sure have huge jugs!" I laughed so hard my port hurt! Anyway, I have made up a pitcher of Protein shake with SF/FF frozen yogurt, a couple of tbls. of reduced fat Peanut Butter, skim milk, and the chocolate Isopure powder. I am drinking 2 cups a day - which gives me 50 g of Protein and I feel much better. I think that was definetely the problem. I talked to my dietician this morning and she still feels 30 g of protein a day is enough but I do not agree.

Also - thanks for the heads up about the eggs - I will hold off. Now that I am feeling better I don't feel like I HAVE to have one. However yesterday I did go to a restaurant and I ordered some Soup and some baked fish and I had about 5 tiny bites of the fish and it was fine. I think it was because I was also having the soup - which I'm sure helped wash it down. I know that is against the principle of drinking while eating with the band, but I had to try it.

I guess when we start real eating we shouldn't have anything liquid like soup with our meal? That would defeat the purpose right?

Anyway - tomorrow I go to my first support group meeting and I am looking forward to it. Oh and also I have Bunko tomorrrow night (which is usually a lot of fattening food and lots of alcohol). I am really woried about it so pray for me. Only one of my Bunco girls knows about the surgery so I am going to try to just be laying low. I will say I already ate dinner or something and I guess bring a Protein Shake with me. Any suggestions?

Anyway - just wanted to thank everyone for the support and I will keep you all posted. I love your suggestions and I am about to hit the 2 week mark and transfer over to mushies so any advice is appreciated. :)

I Was Bandid 8/2 And Still Have Head Pain. Did Any One Have The Same Head Pain .

Do you mean you have a headache? That may be from being dehydrated. Clarify for me and we'll see if anyone can help ~