Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bread/toast Recommendation Please!

Ever since the surgery I have adapted. I gave up my diet coke and now drink diet tea and Water, I don't miss rice because I make faux rice with cauliflower, I don't miss ice cream because I make Protein ice cream, I now found these low carb muffins so that take care of my sweet tooth, I also make pizza with a cauliflower crust and etc, but bread or toast is something I am really missing it. I miss eating a piece of bread for lunch with egg salad or tuna salad. I wrap in lettuce, but I still miss it a lot. I miss a grilled cheese or a good turkey melt.

Is there absolutely any good bread or toast out there that I can eat?? I don't care how much it is. I joke with my husband if someone can find me a good bread I would easilly pay 50 bucks for a loaf. That is how much I am missing it. One that won't make me feel like crap after. I tried eating a thin bagel but that made me feel so stuffed after I didn't like it and I am really missing a bread or toast.

Do you have anything that you truly miss?? What has been the hardest to give up??

Thank you.

bellabbr

i bought these mini Bagels - i measured out in pieces and one slice = 3 measuring cups fits criteria to eat - i had no problem with the digesting or any of that good stuff. Does bread have any Protein? Waiting with bated breath for an answer.

also kindof switching gears - what about sweat potatoes?

ps - can't wait to try your heavenly cheesechake tomorrow! Kathy

I got Smart Carb 1, 2 and sourdough. I don't eat breads, Pasta or crackers unless they are lower carb and pack a lot of Protein.

http://www.julianbakery.com/bread/

The texture of these breads are a little weird, but I was going to give them a try starting tomorrow. They may be better toasted I think because they live in the refrigerator. I got mine at Whole Paycheck .. I mean Whole Foods.

Check out the stats for smart Carb #1

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 slice ( 1.5 Ounces or 42.5g) Servings Per Loaf Approx. 16 (24 Ounces or 1.5LBS) Amount Per Serving Calories 109 Calories from Fat 9 % Daily Value Total Fat1g 2% Saturated Fat 0g 0% Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 140mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 13g 7% Dietary Fiber 12g 48% Net Carbs1g 0% Sugars 0g Protein 12g Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Iron 7% Calcium 4% Thiamin 8%

I do miss artisan bread - you know, the chewy and crusty outside, soft inside kind of bread. There was this Sicilian peasant bread I was addicted to. I don't miss regular sandwich bread or hamburger Buns.< /p>

Occasional I miss flour tortillas, but I like corn just as well and will eat a little bit of a homemade one.

Deli flats maybe?

Cat you are amazing. That one has low carbs just what I was looking for. Thank you so so much. I am going to try it and see.

and lika I haven't seen the mini Bagels. Where do you buy them? Maybe they will be better than the thin ones I buy and I didn't think bread had decent amount of Protein but these cat posted does, so that is awesome. Hey I don't even care about taste at this point, just a decent bread I can spread my tuna or make a grilled cheese or something. Thank you.

Cat you are amazing. That one has low carbs just what I was looking for. Thank you so so much. I am going to try it and see.

and lika I haven't seen the mini Bagels. Where do you buy them? Maybe they will be better than the thin ones I buy and I didn't think bread had decent amount of Protein but these cat posted does, so that is awesome. Hey I don't even care about taste at this point, just a decent bread I can spread my tuna or make a grilled cheese or something. Thank you.

We'll both come back and do a review :-)

I tried the Bimbo toasted bread, double Fiber and it is yummy. It is super crunchy and I use it for egg salad, tuna etc. They have another one but I havent tried that one yet. I bought it at Wal-Mart so I would think it is carried in any grocery store.

i found mini bagels at our north eastern regional grocery store called Wegmans, - I think they taste good too - 1/2 mini bagel is 3 oz kathy