Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its been two weeks but feels like two months! I am tired all the time. My chest hurts on left side under my breast. Mostly I miss eating. I am doing as told by my Dr. but I didnt think I would feel hungry. I just want to eat something good. Its like there is nothing for me to do since I cant cook for my family and eat with them. I lost 21lbs so far but its not making me too happy since I'm hungry. I'm 5'7 38yrs preop 241lbs now 221lbs.When will I get energy again? I'm tired of being tired. I do 60g Protein twice daily Vitamins & B12 only lacking total liquids. May get in 40 oz day+-. I had a baby spoon full of home baked Beans & my chest hurt for 2days real bad. So now I'm scared to go onto the mushies. My mushies start on March 13th. Tried liquid yogurt but had reaction to the lactose. I eat when Im depressed but now I cant. I dont feel like Im getting enough nutrients from just liquids. I almost fainted yesterday morning. When will I feel like myself again emotionally?What are blended Soups? Is it like a can of campbells chicken noodle blended in the blender?I still only have broth.I cheated

before my surgery my Dr.wasnt very happy about it and told me that after he stapled me & went back in to check for leaks he saw some food in my staple line so in turn he said I will heal slowly & may have leak easier. So now Im afraid that every time I may drink to fast the left chest pain is a leak? I really thought the tablespoon of baked beans was killing me!Im suppose to start eating by easter I feel so deprived I pray I dont bust my staples or throw up on the easter dinner table from being so lustful after food.When can I eat?

When will I feel better?When will I be able to enjoy food again?When will I feel normal? Is the growling in my stomach hunger pains or gas ?I just want to eat something in my mind I guess since my tummy feels full. No I dont regret my surgery but man am I hungry

I am sorry you are feeling the way that you do. The whole reason for this surgery, I no for me anyway, is that you are to loose the weight and feel happy and healthy about yourself. U are gona have to find a way to deal with the emotional eating. U dont want to hurt yourself by trying to do things that you are not suppose to be doing. U are going to have to refocus and realize that this is a change for the better. We can not expect to put our bodies through surgery and still do the things that we once were doing. That is what simply got us here. Me myself have been trying to slowly do things to treat myself rather than treat myself to dinners and favorite foods. I will keep you in my prayers. I want you to win and not allow the food to win over you. It is going to be okay. Stay positive and stay focused!! U can do it!

Think that you fainting symptoms are from you not getting in all of your fluids. I think that if you get in your fluids you body will start to feel better and so will you. If you are depressed and food was always your way out then I would suggest seeing a professional. You may benefit from some medication to get you through this period. I think that once you lose more weight and start to feel good about yourself and your choice you will have a better outlook on your life. You will once again be able to cook for your family and also eat that food. It will not be in the same quantities that you were consuming before your surgery but there is nothing to say that you can never eat some of your favorite foods as you get farther out from your surgery date. Hang in there as things will get better for you.

Thank you both for the kind words. I'm dealing with it the best way I can - by following my Dr's orders and giving it time. I just am a bizzy body but now I dont have energy to do much but walk & make sure I get the fluids in.

Hello, my name is Necee I had my surgery 6 months ago and just joined today so, I would love to have a conversation with you about you experiences.

It took a while for me...but you will get there. Well actually your wont get to your normal energy level again you will go way beyond it! I had a rough time at about 4 weeks and blamed my husband for all the trouble. I wasnt happy and it took a week for me to feel a little better about things. I also took a while to get to 64 ounces of fluids (like 6 months). But each day i tried and i didnt give up. You will succeed if you continue to follow dr.s order. Come read post, look at old picture of you at a heavier weight do what you can for exercise everyday and you will start to feel better.

Any advise would help. I go walking around shopping and sales ladies tell me how tired I look & ask me If I had a long day? My day wasnt long I just feel so tired. I uped my Protein today & make sure I stay hydrated. I take my Vitamins & B12 - maybe I need some Iron? Seems like no one will admit that its not normal to starve your self the first 3weeks &take liquids only at least I havent read any post saying so. I just hope I'm able to get some kind of food down when I am able to eat for Easter. I was self pay so I kinda have to figure some things out by researching so myself.