Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dizziness And Near Fainting Upon Standing

Ok, ever since surgery I've had this problem. Before surgery, I would have it every once and a while. Now, its every time I stand up fast, and a lot of the time when standing slowly. I know it's a blood pressure thing. Does anyone else have this problem? It's getting really annoying :blink:

Id be interested in finding out what my blood sugar is. With the calorie restriction you could be experiencing hypoglycemia.

Hello dehydration (I think). That's what happens to me when I don't get enough Fluid. Try upping your Water and see if that helps. Hope it gets better for you soon!

I would say that it is because you are dehydrated. When you urinate is your urine a dark yellow of almost clear. The darker the urine the more dehydrated you are. Before standing try and march a little while sitting with your feet on the floor. This will get the blood moving from your lower extremities back up to your brain and should help reduce your lightheadedness when you stand up. I would say make sure that you are getting all of your fluids. If you are getting all of your fluids then you might want to look at your blood sugar but I am betting that it is the Fluid intake.

This is called Posterial Hypotention. I didn't have it till after I got sleeved. Its where your body hasn't fully gotten use to your blood pressure actually being normal/low. It happens the most right after a work out. The key is to get up very slowly

This happened to me as well last week. Ended up being dehydration. After I drank liquids and had an IV of saline, and rested, I felt a lot better.

This is called Posterial Hypotention. I didn't have it till after I got sleeved. Its where your body hasn't fully gotten use to your blood pressure actually being normal/low. It happens the most right after a work out. The key is to get up very slowly

Hi,

Just wanted to say that your post was very beneficial. I went for a walk this morning and what I think was a mixture of both dehydration and posterial hypotension caused me immense problems. Was rather concerned but I think your description was spot on.

Thanks!

YES I have this all the time since i had surgery. I have small kids so cleaning the floors and picking things up is hard cause I bend donw and get up and almost fall over. Sometimes it does get worse with dehydration but that is not the only reason..

What she said above about the Posterial Hypotension is exactlly what it is.. if you google it you can find more info about.

I have this issue too. I know it's usuallylow blood pressure. Hope it goes away.

Sometimes it's postural hypotension, sometimes it's dehydration, and sometimes it's hypoglycemia, but my doctor said that the greatest contributor to the dizziness is the rapid weightloss. I had dizziness upon standing for nearly 9 months and my doctor said it's because the "sensors" that regulate blood pressure go a little haywire during weightloss. It takes a while but eventually weight loss slows and/or the body adjusts.