Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Again thanks for all the responses. I feel fine today, I think I really stressed yesterday. Boy I will never do that again. I guess you can change a fat girls stomach but not her brain. I really need to pay more attention to my body and treat this tool I have been given as just that a tool and not a magic wand.

It really is an eye opener. I've learned that I am a 'bored eater" and it's mind over matter! I'm not at all hungry, but I feel the need to chew on something :( It is a great tool and with time, I'm sure you will learn to listen! It's only been about 2 weeks, it's still new to you!

You should be fine. Every Dr. is different and of course we all should follow our own surgeon's guidelines. My surgeon has 2 weeks of fluids and then 4 weeks of soft or mushies and believe it or not lunch meat (low fat/preferably low sodium) is on my list. My fiance's Dr. had him on that same list 10 days post op.

Chewing is the key! Until it gets super mushy in your mouth I wouldn't swallow. Also, super tiny bites has been working for me.

Good luck to you on the rest of your journey and don't be too hard on yourself. :)

Muddy, like you said all doctors are different although "we're all the same"- we all have the same tummies. Why does one dr./ NUT tell you one thing you are supposed to abide by, and some other dr. says something totally different for his patient.

One example are Snacks. I hear some doctors/NUTS say yes you can/should have a snack between a meal. My NUT says only 3 meals a day, nothing else. I was so relieved not to have a mushy stage. Also my dr. told me i didn't need a pre-liquid diet.

To me this is all confusing - but of course i do follow my NUT.. I guess we all have in common that we need to drink a lot of Water per day, eat small bites of food slowly, and the infamous - chew and chew and then chew some more..

oh and the other thing we all have in common - do our best with all above, and wish all other sleevers good luck, AMEN!! kathy

I had to do a pre-op diet of just liquid Protein Shakes. 3 weeks liquid post-op. 2 weeks mushie and then 2 weeks of transitioning into small, tiny solids. My doc suggest 3 meals a day with 2 Protein Snacks. I am so excited for the mushy stage. I am craving cottage cheese. Good luck all.

I was also frustrated with the variances in the information we get from Nutritionists. And I have come to my own conclusion. I think that there is no standard for diet after this wls yet. I think each doctor sticks to what they have seen work in their practice. They dont want their patience to have problems so they go by what works. I think it would be great if they would all get together and 1. realize that sleeve patients are not by-pass or lap band patients and we cant and should eat just like them and 2. give us some consistency!

If you are dying to eat something outside your Nut guidelines and come on the board and hear of 5 others at the same point in recovery as you, it tempts you to go ahead and "cheat". That in my opinion is dangerous. We can always find someone doing the wrong thing and it not hurting them right? I mean I know skinny people who ate like I did pre-op and they were skinny. Just because it didnt "hurt" them doesnt mean it is right for you right?

It could have been worse. I am sure that you did not harm but I would get back on the diet that was provided to you after you had your surgery. You are given this guide to help you heal and lose weight. This is a guide but not a bible but I would suggest that you stay as close to what they told you as possible. I know that I did not risk cheating on foods that I was told not to eat until a certain stage. If you start cheating at this early stage then you will have nothing to look forward to when you get tired of eating mushies etc.

How do you guys have that weight tracker? I tried to do it but do not know how to get it on my profile.