Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm curious if anyone else had problems with this post-surgery?

I was convinced mine were a result of "aggressive" bike riding at the gym. You know how the saddles on those things are hard and wide, just horrid. Coming from the cycling industry I know those things are no good, but we had a raining spell and I wanted to get in my bike riding. But now I'm wondering if it's a result of too little Fiber from the VSG diet? I haven't had any unpleasant bowel movements or Constipation, but perhaps there are other things at play.

I am averaging about 12-16g of Fiber each day, 12 of which come from Benefiber powder in drinks. Other than that, since I'm watching carbs I can't really get more in. I've emailed my doctor and they were of no help at all. They seem to think the Benefiber should do it, except I've been taking Benefiber daily for about 4 weeks now -- so well before the hemorrhoids showed up. Most medical websites say we need to get more like 25g, but there's no way to do that without breaking my diet rules. Plus, the volume of berries, Beans, and veggies I'd have to eat would cut into my Protein intake based on how little my stomach can hold.

My weight loss has stalled this week due to the fact that I can't exercise AT ALL. Even a 20 minutes walk is painful. I saw my GP and he said to keep up with the suppositories, sitz baths, etc. and wait it out another week or two. They want to avoid surgery due to my age and the fact that the recovery from that is more painful and much longer. UGH! There has to be a better way?!?

Unfortunately, I have dealt with this chronically since 15 and having a child did not help. And I am glad you brought this up, because I think it could be an even bigger problem for me after the WLS surgery I have yet to have. I do not think, for me it is all about diet, but some other issue--perhaps hereditary (since I know of two men in my family--all healthy eaters and active that have also had) I would like to get them cut out, but I might have to wait and go back to Mexico for that, which I plan on doing several months after my WLS surgery in Mexico . But for you it probably is just going to be an adjustment in diet, sitz baths, drinking liquids.< /p>

I ride the stationery bike at the gym and do not have hemmorhoids. I also had some Constipation post surgery until I started to add benefiber to my shakes in the morning and taking an occassional stool softner. Curious......did you have them before you had the surgery or is this something new.

This is completely new for me!! I did have some problems with Constipation prior to surgery, usually around travel and stressful times at work. But it never turned into this....

Since my surgery I have had a few bouts of heamoroaids, especially around the 3-4 month mark. It seems to to have tapered off now, however my bowel movements are different nowadays, have to make sure that I get enough Water and fiber in.