Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time Article: Why Exercise Won't Make You Thin

I saw this article and it kind of blew my mind!

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1914974-1,00.html

I really didn't exercise the first several months after getting sleeved (at that time I was losing weight effortlessly each month, and my energy was still low because of the ultra-low calories I was consuming). When my weight loss started slowing down at about the 5-6 month mark, I started exercising about 3-4 days a week (mostly walking with a little jogging). I continued to lose weight, but at a slower pace. I also started eating more calories as my sleeve capacity grew. Starting around the 9 month mark, I started exercising much more vigorously, 5-6 days a week. In the past 2 months my weight loss has pretty much leveled out and I'm eating more than ever (at full sleeve capacity). Unfortunately, I am still about 12 lbs. overweight.

The good thing (for me) about exercising frequently is I can definitely see some toning happening, which I really need considering all the loose skin I've got, and there's no question my cardio-vascular health is vastly improved. But now I am wondering if the exercising has been either non-helpful, or possibly harmful, to my weight loss, since I *do* eat more than I did before I started exercising.

I really have to think about this! This article really flies in the face of conventional wisdom regarding the role of exercise and weight loss. I am not sure I want to cut back on the exercise but maybe I need to re-think how often/how hard I exercise and how much I'm eating.

Kris: this is a really interesting article. Basically i got that eating less will contribute to weight loss and that exercise increases are hunger and is beneficial on cognitive levels and physical but not towards weight loss.

I will exercise for the physical benefits but not for weight loss. I really need to think about this a lot before commenting on it. ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches