Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hunger survey for my info

Hi Susan -

Trying to think of any more possibilities. Are ulcers etc. still an issue? If so, seems like that could change your sensations of hunger and fullness in some way. Since you have to eat frequently in order to not feel nausea or pain, that implies something out of the ordinary is going on inside that is short-circuiting the effectiveness of the lapband - the hunger sensor isn't getting switched off for some reason. I could imagine that having an ulcer or similar issue might mess with the signals the brain is getting from the stomach.

I understand that the drug Acomplia has recently been approved for use in much of Europe, and is expected to be approved in the U.S. soon. That drug's supposed to help people experience satiation more easily. Maybe that avenue might be effective for you, since it sidesteps the stomach.

Keep us posted on what you find out. Hope you can get it figured out! Good luck!

Julie

Today, I was hungry, but didn't really want to eat anything. I loved it. Then I cooked up a stir-fry. When I am good and tight right after a fill, thick fluids like Protein Shake and V-8 linger long enough to make me feel "full" for about ten minutes at a time.

You are an intelligent, articulate woman. If you had to guess...where would you look first?

My weakness is Water, every time someone mentions it I feel like I am being scolded in Kindergarten. It's MY biggest hurdle. I KNOW that if I had someone whose job it was to make sure I got my 64oz/day, I'd have dropped twice the weight I have thus far. I also graze on occasion which makes it a lot harder to count calories. When I feel like I am not paying close enough attention, I log back into FitDay.com and track for a week or two.

If I was in your position having spent the last "almost three" years fighting for success, I would (just me here) camp out in the docs office, chart my calories/mealtimes, and conference with the "team" to problem-solve.

It is your job to work the band, if you are, and it's not working. Hand a big chunk of the responsibility to the people who get paid to help you succeed.

Much respect and admiration for anyone fighting an uphill battle for so long.

Take care, and keep us posted.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches