Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Updates

K@t

Hey Everyone,

I haven't been around much so I just thought I would post an update. I'm still teaching summer intensive courses at Cambridge. I'm exhausted I can't wait until I get vacation in September. In addition my father and mother in law are on vacation until Aug 18th. Which means that DH and I are responsible for the stores until they get back. My day goes something like, getting out of the house around 8 am and only getting home around 8pm.

I need another fill I can feel my appetite getting bigger, I've lost 12 kg total , but the doc is on vacation until September and Aug 31 we are leaving to Florida. I can't wait to relax, lay out by the pool, get a tan, and sleep in late. I hope I can keep things in check and not over eat while on vacation.

DH and I are going to be checking out some houses in the central Florida area while we are there, and we are preparing things here in Portugal to move. It looks like around July 2007 when we will make the big move. We are going to tell his parents when they get back from vacation. His mom will be devastated I think. I hope they don't take it out on me. But we have been here in Portugal 3 years and I really think we should get the states a chance to see if we can't do better, besides it wasn't my idea it was DH's, I'm just gladly going along with it.

I've been needing some encouragement and support lately, not necessarily band related, but just life in general. Some one to talk to, to take my mind of things. I'm exhausted physically and mentally. I can't wait until vacation. I hope every one else around here is doing well I haven't been keeping up with every one. Drop me a line guys to let me know how ur doing. I'll try to check back in soon.

Hugs to every one.

Just sayin' "hi" to ya K@T!!!! Sorry things are hectic in your life right now...but hang on....ur vacation is just around the corner!!!! Keep lookin' ahead!!!

I think you are doing fine with the weight loss....I know the feeling about the appetite increasing though....I'm sure it will be better once you (& I!) get the proper restriction!

Good luck with all the work and the dealing with the in-laws about your pending move....and just keep thinkin' about that Florida surf and sand!

:confused:

Thanks Yoda, I just need to focus more on me and less on work and the companies and my husband. I spent all this money on the band it would be a shame to have it wasted because I'm putting everything else first. Well I'm counting down, 28 more days to go until sun and sand! Whoot!:clap2:

Goodluck informing the parents, hopefully they will not blame you. Have a great vacation it sounds like you deserve it.

Hey Heather!

Boy, you DO need a vaca.

You know there's a Tropical Storm brewing towards the Gulf right now, right? Chris.

Just be careful on your travels home, k? (another thing to think about:tired )

And dont worry about his parents, they'll be ok!

~

On this end, we have sad news unfolding..

our pastor/priest hasnt been feeling well since around Nov-Dec time with no real diagnosis.

Since Sat. night he's been in ICU and weve learned that he has cancer - everywhere... has a week to live. He is only 57 yrs old.

What's special about this priest is that he is a married priest, he has a wife and 2 grown sons. He was a pastor in another denomin. and converted into the church.

Mike is super close to this priest, he's taking this news hard.

Other then this, school starts in 2 weeks :clap2: Busy buying supplies and uniforms, bringing back stuff that doesnt fit, getting kids to try on and try more stuff on... today its shoe day.

Going buy school shoes, another adventure ~ yippie! :eek:

I think its easier bringing a family of baboons to the store - then MY kids. :tired

Hey - you asked!

ohh wow paula, poor guy, cancer all over and they never detected it until now. he's so young. I bet mike is taking it hard, I'm not very religious, but I would like to think that every think happens for a reason, and I'm sure that this is no different. I hope mike gets to feeling better soon.

ahhh..good ol' back to school shopping ..ahahahahahahahahahahahaha I'm laughing at you.....ok, I'm done :) That's what ya get for having kids!! I just teach them in school so none of those problems. You can laugh at me later when/if I have kids. :guess

Ariel, thanks for the support. :)

I'm feeling a bit better today because tomorrow.... I GET TO sleep IN! Saturday is the only day of the week I don't have to work in the morning, so I can sleep in late.....I sooooooooooo need it.

I've decided that when i get back at the end of september the house is getting rearranged so I can bring the treadmill to the living room (AC and TV in there) and that I'm going to start putting myself first and get my ass in gear. I have decided I want to be at goal weight or with in 10lbs of it by July 2007 when I move back to the US. No more mini goals for me, I get disappointed when I don't make it. I'm just going for the whole enchilada!! Wish me luck and I'll keep every one posted...I promise not to over eat on taco bell, or Red Lobster, or Olive Garden..or...ohh God vacation is going to be hard.....:eek:

MmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMmmmmmmmmm

Olive Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarden.

They went out of business in Canada....I don't think any are left here anymore unless there is the odd one out West.

:)

I use to love Olive Garden but the last time I was in the States, we went and they have completly changed the menu, and I didn't like what I had ordered as much.... tis a pity....my hubby like taco bell, he would eat there every day if i let him when we are there on vacation...he's a cheap date!