Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for all the well wishes before my surgery. Its now 4 days post op. was a bit nauseous this morning, vomiting not fun. Sipped a lil Water, took deep breaths, seemed to help. My surgery went great, no problems at all. Dr Simon is great. as well as Community General esp ICU staff. To those getting ready for surgery, I had second thoughts as well, while waiting to go to OR. Very normal. I researched for 1.5yrs. talked to over 20 people that had it. so knew it was still the right decision. Had "buyer's remorse" after as well, again very normal. No. 1 rule when swallow is do not take in any air, and sip, sip, sip. Take your time. I practiced with my Protein Shakes before surgery so I knew how to do it more effectively. That was the biggest help I could have done for myself.

Welcome to the loser's bench!! Sounds like you're doing great! :) Congrats!! :)

We had the same surgeon at the same hospital! Aren't the patient rooms at community to die for?? They're like high end hotel rooms with nurse call buttons!

I am 4 days post op too, and I feel good, sometimes the gas pains hurt, but I have the meds. My docs put me on full liquids for this week and I started it them yesterday, will be on fulll liquids for 2 weeks, then pureed, then soft foods/regular foods. Hope you feel better from the nausea, it is my worst feeling for me. Had if for about two days, pretty much subsided.

Hi everyone. Just joined the forum today. My surgery was Monday and today, for the first time, I don't feel horrible. I, too, had some moments of regret this week -- especially since the sleeve gastrectomy is irreversible, unlike the other two options. So regrets or not, I'm stuck.

Like calitrells, the gas pains are awful. Right now that is the source of my pain and discomfort. Earlier in the week it was my innards that caused me the most pain, but today there is marked improvement in that arena.

I am on a liquid diet and have a hard time consuming almost anything without the gas pains. I could drink the Protein shakes just fine before the surgery, but now it is as if my lactose intolerance ramped up 100% as I cannot drink a Protein shake without severe gas pains. So I've switched to soy milk. Also doing some non-caffeinated tea, crystal light and broth (ugh!).

I know this discomfort will pass and as the weight comes off I'll be pleased, but right now I am not enjoying the discomfort. I'm trying to suck it up and a be a big girl, though.

I am a month out. The first week i felt like crap. But once the gas moved I started to feel great. I too had buyers remorse. But as the pain eased so did me feeling like wtf did I do. But congrats on your new you and welcome to losing side.